help with getting a spring pistol

mickyboy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Best spring pistol must have high fps? Not bothered about price and needs to be two-tone, tried c02 and broke the pistol I do own an electric pistol (a cm126s beretta m9) which is spot on, but now fancy a spring pistol.

6 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

Was looking at around 270-330 fps, I can handle that. Which Tm ?

Spring TM's are much lower then that. Honestly there is no such thing that I am aware of due to the lack of air volume. It would be too difficult to cock. 

• Supporters
26 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

Was looking at around 270-330 fps, I can handle that. Which Tm ?

tenor.gif?itemid=7535890&f=1&nofb=1

The Cybergun PT92 makes a point of claiming a whopping 328fps... on 0.12g.  That's about 0.6J, or ~250fps on 0.2g

Since I have one, and I'd never actually chronoed it, I've just popped out to the garage to test that claim.  With a freshly lubed piston o-ring, and a cold spring (more springier), it peaked at 0.54J (240fps), then tailed off to below 0.37J (200fps).

That's actually more than I expected, and 0.37 - 0.4J is AEPs level, and just about usable. But they tend to be consistent, this thing was (literally) all over the place.

Fine for a fun humiliation kill, but not suitable for either skirmishing or target shooting.

3 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

Thanks guys, what about green gas pistols,whats your views on them?

What for? Target shooting or airsoft skirmishing?  If the latter, CQB, or woodland?  As a primary, or as a rarely used secondary?

1 minute ago, mickyboy said:

Thanks guys, what about green gas pistols,whats your views on them?

again TM make the best GBB pistols they are however plastic and don't need to run on green gas

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, mickyboy said:

Mainly target shooting, far too old now for running around the woods, again thanks for your input guys, and stay safe,

You might be surprised.

Green gas can be problematic in winter, but if you're shooting on your own land, and can keep the gas and mags stored at room temperature, you might be fine with it, and blowback guns are great fun.

So given your requirements I'm going to do something a bit unusual and point at a site that I normally wouldn't recommend.

https://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/pre-order-army-17-series-gas-blowback-pistol-polymer-body-and-slide-r17-5

I have the equivalent AA R17 with a metal slide, but a lighter plastic slide actually makes more sense for a green gas gun over winter (and the Glock should be polymer anyway).  It's a surprisingly decent pistol for the money, and takes Toyko Marui compatible magazines (e.g. WE G17 mags) and TM parts if you ever wanted to throw more money at it.

Comes in a deal with some gas and BBs as well.

https://www.onlybbguns.co.uk/army-17-series-gas-blowback-pistol-polymer-body-black-with-ares-0-25g-4000-1kilo-bb-s-with-gun-pouch-green-gas-bundle-deal

Right, that out of the way, I've just stripped and lubed my PT92 properly, and I'm off back out to the garage to see what it can do.  Then I might try throwing a cut down AEG spring into it... :D

[SEEN]

Huh, that is actually surprising.  With the barrel and hop cleaned - and there is actually a fixed hop - and the piston head silicon greased rather than just a quick squirt of lube, I'm actually seeing a pretty consistent 0.49J / 230fps with 0.2g, and the grouping isn't awful either at garage ranges.

I only bought the thing out of pity in a going-out-of-business sale at the local ned armoury, but I'm almost tempted to actually run it on site just for laughs.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Can I drop in a subtle mention of any of the non blow back Mk23’s

That's actually a very sensible suggestion which I avoided suggesting because it's too sensible for what's essentially a very silly hobby. ;) 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.