Double Eagle M908B

JakeF

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah it seems ok after a 'proper' charge.  Phew! 
There's now a noticeable difference between the 7.4v and 11.1v, as expected.  I'm a bit too busy to do the video now.

39 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Yeah it seems ok after a 'proper' charge.  Phew! 
There's now a noticeable difference between the 7.4v and 11.1v, as expected.  I'm a bit too busy to do the video now.

no rush let me know when you upload them and ill have a look

Finally got around to re-doing the video for the fully charged 11.1v battery, and also I meddled with a video editor to see what it was like. ;)

edit: video replaced, see post below.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

On 11/12/2021 at 13:53, RostokMcSpoons said:

Finally got around to re-doing the video for the fully charged 11.1v battery, and also I meddled with a video editor to see what it was like. 

Apologies for the watermark ;)

will have a look after i finish work!

My Chinese cheap-as-chips chrono has arrived!

Interesting results so far, given that when I chrono'd my M906C at the site, in the bitter cold, it showed 230fps!  My AK was at 270fps which is what I'd been told it ran at by the site tech after he'd meddled with it, so I have to trust that chrono.  
Now nice and warm it's showing at 295-310fps depending on a bit of fiddling with the hop
It actually got the highest fps as set for 0.28's at the site, but as I've only got 20m range at home, I don't really know how it's hopping now.

The rate of fire showed at 12rps with the fully charged 7.4v Titan, and 15rps with the 11.1v Li-Po.  However, that's not fully charged (again).  I'll repeat the experiment once that's done.

The horribly low fps tells me the stock hop rubber or perhaps the lube (or lack of), or the seals ... maybe even the tolerances within the gun do not like cold temperatures.  At all.

Now I've got the chrono and I'm on holiday til the New Year, I'm going to test the accuracy as it is now, videoing as I go.  I'll then upgrade the gun with the M100 spring, Macaron 50deg rubber and Omega nub, and see where it's after that.  I'll even try leaving it out in the cold for an hour or two to see if that changes things.

16 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

My Chinese cheap-as-chips chrono has arrived!

Interesting results so far, given that when I chrono'd my M906C at the site, in the bitter cold, it showed 230fps!  My AK was at 270fps which is what I'd been told it ran at by the site tech after he'd meddled with it, so I have to trust that chrono.  
Now nice and warm it's showing at 295-310fps depending on a bit of fiddling with the hop
It actually got the highest fps as set for 0.28's at the site, but as I've only got 20m range at home, I don't really know how it's hopping now.

The rate of fire showed at 12rps with the fully charged 7.4v Titan, and 15rps with the 11.1v Li-Po.  However, that's not fully charged (again).  I'll repeat the experiment once that's done.

The horribly low fps tells me the stock hop rubber or perhaps the lube (or lack of), or the seals ... maybe even the tolerances within the gun do not like cold temperatures.  At all.

Now I've got the chrono and I'm on holiday til the New Year, I'm going to test the accuracy as it is now, videoing as I go.  I'll then upgrade the gun with the M100 spring, Macaron 50deg rubber and Omega nub, and see where it's after that.  I'll even try leaving it out in the cold for an hour or two to see if that changes things.

Yeah i went and chrono'd at site the other day with my M904A with .25 bbs with hop on i only get 220 FPS so i dunno wether or not its the cold temps or just the fact in reality they are cheaper RIF's. Think spring, rubber and barrel could be my way forward and see how that changes things and go from there.

I've got a 50deg macaron to put in mine, that might be all it needs... But as I remember back to the previous game (which I think was even colder, very close to zero) when I came home with a low rate of fire too, then that opens up all the possibilities really doesn't it.  

Edit: 

I've updated the video to include the rates of fire for the M906... the old video is de-listed so might not work anymore.

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.