Double Eagle M906 ... what's the *best* battery I can fit in the standard stock?

RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So at the moment I've got a Big Foot 7.4v LiPo stock battery in there, along with a Tamiya mini adapter lead. It sticks out the end of the stock tube but it's ok.

I think it's about 17 cm long, 20mm wide and 15mm high.

I'm actively considering buying some sort of Li-ion to go in there instead.  A smaller mAH would fit in easily but I fancy one of the longer 3000 mAH ones that might actually last all day... They are 20mm diameter, but 20cm long.  I think that in itself is not really an issue, as long as I leave the stock extended to its fullest. 

What I'm actually worried about is the wiring.  Without a Tamiya converter lead in there, I think it has to go in connection-first which might steal some more space at the far end of the tube.

Is that the case or am I worrying about nothing?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons
Moved edit to a new post

• RostokMcSpoons changed the title to Double Eagle M906 ... what's the best battery I can fit in the standard stock?
  • RostokMcSpoons changed the title to Double Eagle M906 ... what's the *best* battery I can fit in the standard stock?

Having looked at the Titan Li-Ion packs, if I go for the 7.4v 3000mAH then it's one cell less and consequently a good deal shorter at 13.5cm, should fit without an issue.
https://www.titanpower.eu/collections/stick/products/3000mah-7-4v-stick-t-plug-deans

If I go for the 11.1v 3000mAH then it's 19.5cm
https://www.titanpower.eu/collections/stick/products/3000mah-11-1v-stick-t-plug-deans

I was thinking of going for the 11.1v, but honestly if this statement is true:
"C Rating: 16C (equivalent of a 1600mAh 30C)"

then I'm probably ok for sticking with 7.4v as the RoF is 'ok'.... I would have considered a low C rating 11.1 to lower the extra rate of fire a little.
As the M906 is undoubtedly going to be my preferred gun from now on I'll be gutted if I break it. 

Also I could share the 7.4v with my AK,  so there's that.

Damn it, maybe I'll buy a small 11.1v as well ;)  I don't mind spending money on batteries if I can store them charged and ready for use!
(Double damn it, Titan don't sell short 11.1v sticks)

One thing I found in my brief research last night was a lot of hate for Titan (and Li-Ions) from a few people, from about 3 years ago... have opinions mellowed now?  Or should I be shopping elsewhere?

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

• Supporters
5 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Having looked at the Titan Li-Ion packs, if I go for the 7.4v 3000mAH then it's one cell less and consequently a good deal shorter at 13.5cm, should fit without an issue.
https://www.titanpower.eu/collections/stick/products/3000mah-7-4v-stick-t-plug-deans

That's exactly the battery I use in my M4. Unless you have a spectacularly short battery lead, it should be plenty long enough to get the battery in and have the connectors at the back end.

16 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That's exactly the battery I use in my M4. Unless you have a spectacularly short battery lead, it should be plenty long enough to get the battery in and have the connectors at the back end.

It is pretty short, to be honest.  
I rolled up a couple of a4 sheets and sellotaped them so they were pretty much the same dimensions as the 11.1V battery (2cm dia, 20cm long) - and that mostly fills the stock tube for diameter as well as being too long.  The connectors would meet about where the end of the stock tube is and would have nowhere to go - the stock wouldn't fit back on.  So that's out - unless I connect in some more wire in, in a very streamlined way.

So I then cut the paper roll down to the 13.5cm of the 7.4v.  Yup, that works as I can stuff the cables down in towards the gun - it'll stick it out - but not much differently than my current LiPo does.   So all good :)

Experimentation with an 11.1v can wait for another (pay)day!

@RostokMcSpoons Are you still buying yourself a PTS EPS stock? If yes wait until you have it, it's like going from a shed in your back-garden to an aircraft hanger, the space inside it is immense and you can fit practically any battery you want to.

There are more than enough photo's of it out there, however I'm happy to pop a few different batteries in mine and take a few photo's if it helps.

As said, the PTS EPS gives you a lot of options. You can get a 7.4v 2900 35c brick in there, or pretty much any stick type battery (will fit 11.1v titan too).

signal-2021-02-24-164322_002.jpeg

signal-2021-02-24-164322_001.jpeg

Edited by Hatchet
added pictures

Yeah. that EPS stock is definitely on my shopping list, but I'll probably wait until after Xmas.  £50 is a chunk of change to spend right now.   I decided my first priority is to have one really decent battery that will go in all 3 of my guns (and won't die in, or kill, my non-Mosfet old-school AK and M16)

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.