TTI HI CAPA - Slide not locking

Dylan8

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

How experienced are you with GBB pistols?

Fairly new to them, the pistol works like a charm it’s just not locking the slide back when the mag is empty 

Have you short stroked it at all?

This is something that generally happens when you add too many buffers.

40 minutes ago, leadly said:

Have you short stroked it at all?

This is something that generally happens when you add too many buffers.

No modifications have been made to it, it was working fine until I took off the slide and changed the hop up which then started giving me issues 

Wedge the bb follower as high as it will go in the mag, then manually pull the slide back.

You said you took it apart, and you’re not fully conversant with GBB pistols, are you sure you have re-assembled it correctly?

You said it’s standard, but I don’t believe that magwell is?

With the slide off and an empty mag in, does the follower push up on the slide stop?  If so, that will rule out mag, spring, follower and slide stop issues and narrow it down to the slide stop/slide notch interface.

I think it’s something to do with the slide release bolt that I showed pictures of causing the issue, taking it in to the shop on Monday and will update what the issue really was.

thanks for your tips I appreciate the help

Are you inserting the slide catch pin back in with the slide pulled back far enough, so the "pointy bit" of the pin (that's missing a bit of paint) sits in the smaller of the 2 notches in your slide?

Edited by leadly

37 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I fixed this for a guy at hells a few months ago, was the follower in the mag not pushing up far enough.

thats what I think. If it’s marginal, it might be the magwell stopping the mag inserting properly, and thereby stopping the bb follower raising enough 

44 minutes ago, Dylan8 said:

taking it all to a shop tomorrow to see if it can be fixed 

image.jpg

image.jpg

It’s just the spring being compressed too much, take it our, stretch it, don’t store your mags loaded

The issue is to do with the slide release part.

A new part from a different hi capa would fix the issue however there was some movement when the magazine entered pushing the release part out a small bit causing you not to be able to press the slide release unless you push in inwards.

1 hour ago, Dylan8 said:

The issue is to do with the slide release part.

A new part from a different hi capa would fix the issue however there was some movement when the magazine entered pushing the release part out a small bit causing you not to be able to press the slide release unless you push in inwards.

Is that what the shop said?

My TTI was a boneyard purchase which had a very sloppy slide lock / take down pin. I just fitted a spare one I had in my spares draw (possibly TM but wouldnt swear to it) and all good . Very easy fix.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.