Newbie(ish) looking for advice

HungryHungarian

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone, about 10 years ago I used to play airsoft (10-12 games in total) however life happened, wife, kid, etc. but have decided to get back to into it after looking at old pictures. It being so long I forgot all about what there is to know about AEGs. 

My question would be if you guys could recommend some make/models that are good straight of the box and wouldn’t have to upgrade the hop-up, barrel or the gearbox, I just want to start getting back in the game without having to do all the research about upgrading for now and get a gun that I can basically use without having to order any extra internal parts to swap out first. I used to be an m4 guy however now I’m open to AKs as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Welcome... back!

As with most things in life it depends on your budget, the E&L 'essential' line of AKs perform very well OOTB for the price point with nice externals too.

There are no proprietary parts either so upgrading is not a concern down the line if you got that itch.

25 minutes ago, HungryHungarian said:

Hey everyone, about 10 years ago I used to play airsoft (10-12 games in total) however life happened, wife, kid, etc. but have decided to get back to into it after looking at old pictures. It being so long I forgot all about what there is to know about AEGs. 

My question would be if you guys could recommend some make/models that are good straight of the box and wouldn’t have to upgrade the hop-up, barrel or the gearbox, I just want to start getting back in the game without having to do all the research about upgrading for now and get a gun that I can basically use without having to order any extra internal parts to swap out first. I used to be an m4 guy however now I’m open to AKs as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Have you considered an LCT AMD65 to with your username?

Thanks for the input. Budget wise, I don’t mind going up to 400-500, if the gun is really worth it, I’m more looking for suggestions regarding specific models/makes as there are soooo many new brands now and every YouTube video I watch suggest different brands(probably because most of them are promotional) and wanted to see what the actual people who play the sport are saying. I used to have a Tokyo Marui  M4 and if I remember well I changed the hop-up, rubber and the inner barrel as the stock gun, even though it was around £300 wasn’t performing really well. 

I’ve seen a new company(at least new to me), Krytac, which keeps being mentioned a lot on different sites however all their guns seem to be out of stock. 

8 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Have you considered an LCT AMD65 to with your username?

What is a LCT AMD65?

At that budget M4 based your looking at TM recoil NGRS, For an AK you want an E&L as before.

The market has been flooded with new brands, most of which are low to mid range brands, Specna, Krytac, LCT etc etc, most look Gucci on the outside but stock inside not excellent performers.

On the whole airsoft guns however have generally gotten more reliable when not messed with.

Edited by Davegolf

14 minutes ago, HungryHungarian said:

Thanks for the input. Budget wise, I don’t mind going up to 400-500, if the gun is really worth it, I’m more looking for suggestions regarding specific models/makes as there are soooo many new brands now and every YouTube video I watch suggest different brands(probably because most of them are promotional) and wanted to see what the actual people who play the sport are saying. I used to have a Tokyo Marui  M4 and if I remember well I changed the hop-up, rubber and the inner barrel as the stock gun, even though it was around £300 wasn’t performing really well. 

I’ve seen a new company(at least new to me), Krytac, which keeps being mentioned a lot on different sites however all their guns seem to be out of stock. 

What is a LCT AMD65?

Hungarian AK. Full steel. Pretty good internals. 

11 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

At that budget M4 based your looking at TM recoil NGRS, For an AK you want an E&L as before.

The market has been flooded with new brands, most of which are low to mid range brands, Specna, Krytac, LCT etc etc, most look Gucci on the outside but stock inside not excellent performers.

On the whole airsoft guns however have generally gotten more reliable when not messed with.

Oh okay, so it’s better to stay with the well known brands. 

I have seen this this recoil system done on AEGs, have you had any experience with it? Does it actually work? All of this tech makes me think how old I am haha.

thanks for all your help bud, really appreciate it! 

22 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Hungarian AK. Full steel. Pretty good internals. 

Never heard of them, I check them out now! Thanks bud!

All of the brands are well known, just for different reasons 😂

The TM recoils are as reliable as Honda Vtec, its Japanese not taiwan/china which speaks for itself.

I have owned, built and tuned many of them.

Most brands are good at that price range. (400-500)

You just have to check the details of the internals and extras that come with it to compare.

Keep in mind that manufacturing has improved in the last 10 years so you don't need to spend that much to get a decent shooter.

Search some of the posts talking about best starting guns...

Pretty much everything is good out the box. 21 years playing only have only upgraded when something broke(not often). bang for your buck CYMA M14 or AK. happy to spend some money Tokyo Marui recoil.

Thanks all, I really appreciate all the help. After mentioning the next gen guns, I looked into them and have to say I really liked the reviews about them so probably going to get a TM.

Just booked my first game for this Sunday, with a rental to start with, but I’m really buzzing, can’t wait to get back in the game!

thanks again for all the input!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.