Battery

Ant67

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all I’m new to airsoft just got a Issc mk22 need to get a few packs of batteries to go with it what would you recommend thanks

An 7.4 lipo would suffice if that is what you are after or a 9.6v battery will fit.

Check if you have a Deans or Tamiya connector for your AEG.

11 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Check if you have a Deans or Tamiya connector for your AEG.

It's Classic Army, the gun come with Deans as standard with a Deans to Mini Tamiya adapter.

I would be using a 2S 1200-1300 mAh battery - room is limited in the stock due to the metal slider bar assembly. 3S is fine apparently for the gearbox, but I have heard of Classic Army Mosfets blowing quite quickly, so I would keep the overall wattage down.

• Supporters
32 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

It's Classic Army, the gun come with Deans as standard with a Deans to Mini Tamiya adapter.

Hmm, Airsoft World say mini-Tamiya, but then retailers say a lot of things.  Deans would be better.

Given the stocking issue at the moment, what are we recommending?  Component Shop?

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/batteries/batteries-airsoft/batteries-airsoft-li-po-packs/batteries-airsoft-li-po-packs-74v.html

SkyRC S65 charger is the current recommendation, last I checked.

2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, Airsoft World say mini-Tamiya, but then retailers say a lot of things.  Deans would be better.

This video from the timestamp 4:25 covers it:

I only ever really use Hobbyking Turnigy LiPos, but they don't have any 2s LiPo stocked in the UK Warehouse.

I've tried Vapextech, but they just don't hold the voltage under load compared to Turnigy.

Giant Power is pretty good from what I've heard - I know a few RC guys that use Giant Power packs on model aircraft. They've been around for a while now, I would be reasonably confident that they can get the job done for Airsoft guns.

I reckon this one will fit the gun, but I would get a ruler out and double check the stock internal measurements  before ordering.

The S65 is still a really good charger for the money. Whilst there are some fancier looking units (and complete overkill for Airsoft), it's still a solid choice.

Thanks for the advice everyone I’ve already got a sigma eq charger that I can use, will get a few packs from componentshop. Looks like battery packs will fit have to ask is it a mini deans connector that is used thanks again everyone 😃

20 minutes ago, EDcase said:

No, its normal Deans, also known as T-plugs, T-connectors

Usually come in red

Thanks mate

It may be obvious but just to be absolutely sure and ultra clear...

The battery must always be fitted with the female end (Right one in the pic)

That way there is less chance of the pins being shorted.

14 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Just to be absolutely sure, if your gun connector looks like the one on the left here, that's Deans ("T" connector).

Deans style connector Male+Female with 14awg wire 10cm

Yep that’s the one

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.