G&g sr15 e3 mod2 knights armourment any good?

Oneshotscott

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I've just ordered one after my very old combat machine is very well used/old and I could do with an upgrade. 

Is there anything you guys/girls think I should look out for or change on this gun?  I tried to find reviews but only USA versions (which are different, springs, deans etc) were shown and are no good.   Too me it looks perfect for my gameplay and im looking forward to trying it out. 

I've bought 2 x 9.6v ni-mh nunchucks to ensure a full day's use from the shop after they advised me to do so. 

Trying to locate the polymer g2 mags is nigh on impossible in the UK but I'm not against ordering from the EU or the USA...so if anyone knows someone who is willing to offload any? 

So overall is this a good gun as is or is it another tm416?

I have a SR25 which I’m assuming is same gun but uses different mags - i had these fitted when i bought it :

Prometheus Purple Bucking

Prometheus Flat Hop Tensioner

Prometheus EG Barrel 550mm

Used it last time i went to a game and was very impressed with it - so a version with full auto like this would be a nice weapon imo  

510BA89D-2E77-43AB-BE54-D2E0E22A20D2.jpeg

Homeless snail - I play both urban and woodland so the longer version is best all-round for me.  The shorter version looks great for cqb.

Johnyboy1976 - Thank you for that info and at the ranges that your sr25 will reach out I can see those upgrades being pretty  important.  That said, ill take on board your recommendations.

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Oneshotscott said:

So I've just ordered one after my very old combat machine is very well used/old and I could do with an upgrade. 

Is there anything you guys/girls think I should look out for or change on this gun?  I tried to find reviews but only USA versions (which are different, springs, deans etc) were shown and are no good.   Too me it looks perfect for my gameplay and im looking forward to trying it out. 

I've bought 2 x 9.6v ni-mh nunchucks to ensure a full day's use from the shop after they advised me to do so. 

Trying to locate the polymer g2 mags is nigh on impossible in the UK but I'm not against ordering from the EU or the USA...so if anyone knows someone who is willing to offload any? 

So overall is this a good gun as is or is it another tm416?

Leave it alone, use it and see what works or doesn't work FOR YOU. It already has a mosfet fitted so changing to Deans is a bit moot but you could if you wanted to.

G&G midcaps can be a bit hit and miss so try some of the cheaper mids (Nuprol, Battleaxe etc) first as they may well work just fine.

or is it another tm416?

eh?

14 hours ago, Johnyboy1976 said:

I have a SR25 which I’m assuming is same gun but uses different mags - i had these fitted when i bought it :

Nope, different gearbox.

On 27/07/2021 at 10:34, Lozart said:

Leave it alone, use it and see what works or doesn't work FOR YOU. It already has a mosfet fitted so changing to Deans is a bit moot but you could if you wanted to.

G&G midcaps can be a bit hit and miss so try some of the cheaper mids (Nuprol, Battleaxe etc) first as they may well work just fine.

7 x 150rnd Battleaxe mags arrived today from patrol base and 4 x g&g g2 THERMOLD mags should arrive by the weekend so il see which works best. 

eh?

Can't help but notice the majority of players buying a top tier rif then having to fork out more £££ to have it fire at uk limits with a small grouping, Deans blah blah. I'm hoping this is different. 

Nope, different gearbox.

Everyday is a school day. 

Thanks for the information lozart.   

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Oneshotscott said:

7 x 150rnd Battleaxe mags arrived today from patrol base and 4 x g&g g2 THERMOLD mags should arrive by the weekend so il see which works best. 

Why so many if you don't know they work yet? I mean, it's your money but...

Can't help but notice the majority of players buying a top tier rif then having to fork out more £££ to have it fire at uk limits with a small grouping, Deans blah blah. I'm hoping this is different. 

More often than not it's misinformed people that think they have to fire at exactly 350fps (you don't) and that the groupings aren't just lack of ability (it usually is) or ignoring physics (small plastic balls, outdoors, breezes - go figure).

Nobody NEEDS to spend a crapping fortune upgrading their TM recoil. Any gun that costs £400+ should be more than capable on the field, if it isn't maybe it's the player not the gun. Or else you bought a shit gun without bothering to do any research. With regards to the reviews you've seen, if they are indeed mostly US based then you need to remember that they usually run at much higher FPS limits. As most guns are built for the Asian market (especially Tokyo Marui) they aren't set up for high power and often don't stand up well to the rigours of 400+ FPS full auto use. Hence they tend to prefer brands that DO work well in that way and will argue that G&G, TM etc are all garbage that need to be ripped apart and rebuilt with pig iron to be decent.

Thanks for the reply

I bought that many because 1) theyre very cheap , 2) everything's going up in price and 3) I run 7 mags. 

If they don't work with any of my guns then 6 of them will be sold/or returned for refund as new and 1 sold as used. 

I'm all sorted.  

Buy it now or price boom.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: 

Test shots provided me with confidence that even without upgrading it would be capable of tight groups. But... 

I bought a zci barrel and maple leaf macaron bucking from ak2m4 on here, fitting them took 10 mins including cleaning up the inner barrel prior to installation.  The results are better than stock (back garden tests) however I will have to wait until tomorrow to see the real difference at its first gameday at dirtydog airsoft (never played here before so im hoping for good things). 

332-335 on 0.20bb (20 test shots) 

If it's dire then il have the Ssg10 A3 & mk23 to play with instead. 

46 minutes ago, Oneshotscott said:

Update: 

Test shots provided me with confidence that even without upgrading it would be capable of tight groups. But... 

I bought a zci barrel and maple leaf macaron bucking from ak2m4 on here, fitting them took 10 mins including cleaning up the inner barrel prior to installation.  The results are better than stock (back garden tests) however I will have to wait until tomorrow to see the real difference at its first gameday at dirtydog airsoft (never played here before so im hoping for good things). 

332-335 on 0.20bb (20 test shots) 

If it's dire then il have the Ssg10 A3 & mk23 to play with instead. 

The ZCI barrel and Macaron will make a positive difference.  Did you fit an Omega nub as well?  If not, you really should with the Macaron.  

Edited by colinjallen

15 hours ago, colinjallen said:

The ZCI barrel and Macaron will make a positive difference.  Did you fit an Omega nub as well?  If not, you really should with the Macaron.  

Erm... No... I wasn't aware that I would need one?  Its shooting great without it but il try to get one of those nubs and thanks for the information. 

• 3 months later...

Update, 

Note: this has has a zci inner barrel, maple leaf macaron (330fps version) and omega nub installed. 

Now that I've used this for 5 games since last posted I can give an update on the performance. 

Accuracy:

Semi = very consistent 

Auto/3 burst = terrible 

Range:

Semi = 50 - 60m 

Auto/3 burst = 50-60m 

Reliability :

Never had a single issue.  So far it has been impressive on this point. 

Feeding:

G&G 90rnd = 100% every time. 

Battleaxe 150rnd= only the last 3-6 won't feed. 

Overall :

Apart from the full auto inaccurate shots I can't fault it.  I have toyed with the idea of changing the mosfet to to perin and installing a different trigger for less pull but for now I am leaving it as is. 

Thank you to you all (afuk forum members) who helped answer my questions and give great advice parts for this. 

Merry Christmas and a happy new year. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.