Please Help Me Removing a Delta Ring

Not DMR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

I have a KWA Ronin T10, and i would like to replace the original handguard with a MK18 Ris handguard, that comes with a delta ring that is different from the one that is fitted on my Ronin. The problem is, i can’t remove the KWA Delta Ring, no matter what i do. I’ve tried blowing it with my heat gun and torquing it, i have also tried WD-40, i even dented the upper receiver because of the torque applied and it just won’t come lose. I am attaching pictures so you all can see it. If you guys could please recommend me a solution, i would really appreciate it.

13DF8BFD-E8A0-4564-B918-7DFA9E2E8735.jpeg

544D552F-67BB-45DB-B276-7D316C5DC4AF.jpeg

• Supporters

Seems KWA get the Hulk to tighten their barrel nut 

Sounds like brute force and ignorance is the order of the day!

Either heating it up or putting it in the freezer for a while may/will likely help.

Given the design of the barrel nut I’d put a suitably chunky Allen key (or similar) in one of the holes on the barrel nut and start tapping said Allen key around with a hammer/mallet. An AR block would help but I’ll go ahead and assume you don’t have one.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.