Trying to Find One of These

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi folks

im wanting to change my stock grip on my GHK GBBR to something a bit more ergonomic, I used more ‘vert’ grips bitd when I played paintball 

Anyway, I’m looking to find something like this at not too much money

Anybody seen anything out there for a gbbr please 👍

A17CB19E-8F29-4762-9CE5-E5110C315E01.thumb.png.b5c36b32bb1b6f794f28cad24e5185ec.png

Hard to tell precisely given the quality of the image provided but my best educated guess would be that it's a B5 Systems Type 23 P-Grip.

If swapping out from the standard A2 most folks will run RS grips on GBBRs (because amongst other things, they don't have to be made wider to accomodate for a motor). Over here most RS grips will run your about £30. Popular ones with this sort of angle would be:

Magpul K2

Magpul K2+

BCM Gunfighter Mod3 (my personal preference)

Some variant of Ergo Grip

Some variant of Hogue grip

There are a few places that stock RS grips from various brands in the UK (Magpul being the easiest to find in my experience). Brownells have a wide variety, but if you haven't ordered from there in the past be aware that they 'drop ship' stuff over here from their stock in the US. Once it arrives over here every order I've made has been fulfilled by Parcelforce, usually a 24 hour service, turn around is usually 2-3 weeks though I have heard others say that's been a bit longer of late.

Edited by alxndrhll

Powair6 do pretty good prices on Magpul accessories, or as @rocketdogbertsaid above, Brownells are great for a wide range of RS parts. 

45 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I guess you were an Angel shooter then....😉

Thanks lads, I shall start sniffing about Brownells.

I Started off with an angel, then an ir3, then moved to using an AKA Viking, which I fitted a Spider vert grip to

what a machine that was 😎

1 minute ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I Started off with an angel, then an ir3, then moved to using an AKA Viking, which I fitted a Spider vert grip to

what a machine that was 😎

Well fuck me, I had an AKA Viking as well. It was all-black, PBX milled (I had imported via a guy operating as 'Alpha Paintball' direct from AKA), no eyes though, although I believe subsequent owners had it drilled.

Also had an Angel A4 Fly and 06 Speed - both with vert grips.

7 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Only thing I'd note here is once you land on a grip you want it's worth doing a Google (usually grip name + UK i.e. Magpul K2 UK) to see if you can source one that's already in the country of a similar/cheaper price. The cheapest postage you can get from Brownells is £5-6 if memory serves so worth having a dig around before ordering straight from there. Whether you bother following this advice, well as always, that's entirely up to you.

4 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Only thing I'd note here is once you land on a grip you want it's worth doing a Google (usually grip name + UK i.e. Magpul K2 UK) to see if you can source one that's already in the country of a similar/cheaper price. The cheapest postage you can get from Brownells is £5-6 if memory serves so worth having a dig around before ordering straight from there. Whether you bother following this advice, well as always, that's entirely up to you.

Thanks for the advice , noted 👍

13 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

HOLEEEE SHIIIT

there we’re only a couple of these in the country, Here’s  mine!! 

I can say with a fair degree of certainty that I was the original owner of that gun.

PBX shut up shop and left AKA with a bunch of PBX-milled bodies that they decided to sell themselves. PBX-assembled guns had different grip frames and anodising. AKA shoved a stock frame on and then hard-coated them flat black.

Alpha Paintball were AKA dealers - and specially ordered that gun for me from the factory (I wanted a full-milled gun, but there was a several-week lead time and this was available).

I'm sure it's passed through a good number of hands since 2003.

*Edit*

I kept a track of it for a while - I had some pictures saved down in an old hard drive that I can't lay my hands on.

But I just found this on another drive (look familiar?)

image.png.23721ff8c3b4a4048369314d91cd9718.png

Edited by Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.