270 on 2.5's

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, 

Been a while.. I’ve got my first game in an age on Saturday (bit o CQB) and I opened my gat to give her a spruce and chrono’d her. Now, can’t remember what weight bb’s I had in stock but I’m pretty sure they’re either .25’s / 28’s. I’m getting 270 (ish, hop all the way off) from you guy’s experience reckon I’m field legal on .2’s? New piston o ring, new cylinder head and a squeaky clean barrel. 

Thanks in advance & good to be back. 

Ron 

• Supporters

I know them feels.  It's good to be back.  Yup, you're comfortably under, you could even go a bit higher.  How was the air seal, and did you lube the o-rings?  If not, a squirt of silicone oil down the nozzle (then blow it out on auto before reassembly) can perk up a tired toy.

59 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

I know them feels.  It's good to be back.  Yup, you're comfortably under, you could even go a bit higher.  How was the air seal, and did you lube the o-rings?  If not, a squirt of silicone oil down the nozzle (then blow it out on auto before reassembly) can perk up a tired toy.

Aye, I know the dance by now. Thanks tho. The only thing was I swapped a SHS m4 nozzle for the original blue plastic nozzle (CYMA MP5) as around 3-4 months ago when I last opened it up it was firing over 350 on .2’s so I’m cautious of chucking that back in. I’ll have a fettle tonight and see what’s going on. 

Hi gang, 

So if anyone’s interested put the SHS m4 nozzle back in and we’re getting highs of 280 on .28’s we all good you reckon? (Really don’t wanna she’ll out for some .2’s lol) 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RonLancs said:

Hi gang, 

So if anyone’s interested put the SHS m4 nozzle back in and we’re getting highs of 280 on .28’s we all good you reckon? (Really don’t wanna she’ll out for some .2’s lol) 

0.28 at 290FPS is 1.09 J so yeah, you're golden.

FPS/Joules calculator: http://www.asiaairsoft.com/index_topic.php?did=23&didpath=/23

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.