Potential First Guns Advice

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Could do a lot worse! I’ve heard good things about the lone star rifles, and can only sing praises for the Marui Glocks!

175 for rifle , 70 for glock, comes with batteries chargers spare mags and few other random extras. 
tried looking up reviews and they seem okay but a lot of them are in a different language 

25 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Duno that make.

Also depends how much he's asking.

Look for proper reviews and check retail price.

44 minutes ago, Jacob Wright said:

Could do a lot worse! I’ve heard good things about the lone star rifles, and can only sing praises for the Marui Glocks!

It’s someone I know through work so I don’t doubt the fully working and good condition side of it . Just curious as to whether it’s actually any good if you know what I mean or if I’d be between off going with a different make . I was originally looking at getting an mp5 but wasn’t sure .

If your happy with it then go for it. Price wise I can’t say they seem poorly priced but I don’t know anything about evolution. 

I would ask for more pictures of the buffer tube/receiver extension.

That's not the stock that normally comes with that gun - it looks like they've tried to stuff an LR300 stock on the end.

In any case you can buy a very nice, brand new, gun for the same money. I think it's over priced.

90% sure that many of the Evolution guns of that era were OEM'd by Dytac, but I could be wrong.

19 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I would ask for more pictures of the buffer tube/receiver extension.

That's not the stock that normally comes with that gun - it looks like they've tried to stuff an LR300 stock on the end.

In any case you can buy a very nice, brand new, gun for the same money. I think it's over priced.

90% sure that many of the Evolution guns of that era were OEM'd by Dytac, but I could be wrong.

What would u suggest as an alternative ?

2 hours ago, Matttucker said:

Hi all, I am looking at purchasing the gun pictured below, an evolution airsoft lone star patrol sbr, he also is selling a Tokyo Marui g17 gen 3 . 

what’s everyone’s opinions on these , this will be my first gun. 

FD221B70-F7D8-4ADA-B5B3-842D6A69F221.jpeg

1233288D-8C0A-47C0-ACC6-413E020AB777.jpeg

Dats one ugly mofo stock! 

Is it leggo based? 

Edited by Shamal
Addition

1 hour ago, Matttucker said:

Anything by CYMA or JG are a safe bet and they both do MP5's 😉

Check body material for your budget and preference.  Plastic is fine because the metal used in budget guns is quite weak so not much stronger.

Example: This one is metal on top and plastic lower half.  JG usually perform well out of the box and certainly good for first toy gun 😁

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/jing-gong-jg-m5-j-smg-5-w-retractable-stock?pv=8768

Even though its smaller than M4 or other battle rifles, an MP5 is still fine for playing in woodland games and of course perfect for CQB.

Edited by EDcase

11 hours ago, Matttucker said:

Problem is - every man and his dog has an opinion as to 'what am bestest' when it comes to guns for a certain budget and technical proficiency of the user. Then there's the issue of what platform (M4, MP5, AK, G36 etc).

I would be looking up the usual retailers (Patrolbase has a good range at reasonable prices), and seeing what you think looks coolest.

Come up with a sort list and post up on here if you need help/opinions.

In the mean time, I would not buy that gun you've been offered until you can see what's going on with that stock. I don't think it has been mounted properly. The buffer tube castle nut (the ring with notches cut out) should be flush with the back of the receiver:

image.png.b258f9dda827ce2db514d3972c160d98.png

Versus:

image.png.e8e4162ba2cef67306735ff501121aaa.png

If you like the LR300 style stock, you can buy the Evolution LR300 rifle from Zero One Airsoft for £255 brand new:

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/products/Evolution_AEG_LR300_ML-AXL_Black

55 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Problem is - every man and his dog has an opinion as to 'what am bestest' when it comes to guns for a certain budget and technical proficiency of the user. Then there's the issue of what platform (M4, MP5, AK, G36 etc).

I would be looking up the usual retailers (Patrolbase has a good range at reasonable prices), and seeing what you think looks coolest.

Come up with a sort list and post up on here if you need help/opinions.

In the mean time, I would not buy that gun you've been offered until you can see what's going on with that stock. I don't think it has been mounted properly. The buffer tube castle nut (the ring with notches cut out) should be flush with the back of the receiver:

image.png.b258f9dda827ce2db514d3972c160d98.png

Versus:

image.png.e8e4162ba2cef67306735ff501121aaa.png

If you like the LR300 style stock, you can buy the Evolution LR300 rifle from Zero One Airsoft for £255 brand new:

https://www.zerooneairsoft.com/products/Evolution_AEG_LR300_ML-AXL_Black

Originally I had in my head a budget of £300 for gun battery and charger , it’s only through someone at my work saying they’ve given up airsoft and they’ve got some stuff that’s been sitting in storage that I’ve come across these. 
I was originally thinking an mp5 but have been advised by several people just to get an m4 hence why I’m now considering the one in the pictures above. As for stock he said that he replaced it as it comes with a cheap plastic one which video reviews online also say. As for incorrect mounting does it look like it’s just a case of needing refitting or is there something missing or is it not compatible ?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.