Project Mockup Made Out of Spliced Together Pictures I Found on Google

LzChase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just thought I'd share this, it's the "blueprint" for my current project. Suggestions and tips are very welcome.

Planned Parts:

🗹 WE-Tech HK416 GBBR (Base Gun)

🗹 M4 DMR Stock. A lot of brands make this one and I don't know which brand the one I ordered is, site didn't say.

🗹 190mm Mock Suppressor (Replaces stock outer barrel, Hides inner barrel)

🗹 An AFG that I again do not know the brand of because the site didn't list it.

☐ Walther 4x32 Scope

☐ Well Bipod

☐ Possibly Scope Flip Caps

Namnlös.png

Edited by LzChase

• Supporters

are you extending the inner barrel? because on a gbbr that's gonna have quite the effect on your energy output (it'll raise it going longer) which might not be helpful depending on your site limits.

bipod is a tricky one, i've occasionally taken the notion in the past but every time i've put one on the gun it's always been removed halfway through the game because a lighter front end is useful in more situations than a bipod, at least for airsoft ranges. although that's the purely practical viewpoint, if you just want it to look good then sure why not.

when it comes to the scope how about a lpvo? bit more of a modern look, although if you're like me it'll get set and left at 4x with a red dot stacked on top that gets used 99% of the time :P

18 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

are you extending the inner barrel? because on a gbbr that's gonna have quite the effect on your energy output (it'll raise it going longer) which might not be helpful depending on your site limits.

bipod is a tricky one, i've occasionally taken the notion in the past but every time i've put one on the gun it's always been removed halfway through the game because a lighter front end is useful in more situations than a bipod, at least for airsoft ranges. although that's the purely practical viewpoint, if you just want it to look good then sure why not.

when it comes to the scope how about a lpvo? bit more of a modern look, although if you're like me it'll get set and left at 4x with a red dot stacked on top that gets used 99% of the time :P

The thing is proper optics are way out of my price range, I had to save for pretty much half a year to buy the base gun.

A replica LPVO would work just fine but I can't find any here. As I said many a time I live in Sweden but I'm on here because there's no really active Swedish airsoft forums. I'm gonna go with this Walther scope for now. It's not any fancy stuff but it's rated for double recoil which will probably help on a GBBR. I might change to LPVO in the future if i find a replica at a decent price.

This gun comes with an extended outer barrel from the factory, which is hidden by the outer barrel.

Finally, yes, bipods on airsoft DMRs tend to not be too useful. But on the other hand I've often got annoyed over the lack of something to rest the gun on.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, LzChase said:

The thing is proper optics are way out of my price range, I had to save for pretty much half a year to buy the base gun.

A replica LPVO would work just fine but I can't find any here. As I said many a time I live in Sweden but I'm on here because there's no really active Swedish airsoft forums. I'm gonna go with this Walther scope for now. It's not any fancy stuff but it's rated for double recoil which will probably help on a GBBR. I might change to LPVO in the future if i find a replica at a decent price.

a fair point, some of the repro lpvo's are surprisingly good in terms of clarity, although can't speak to their efficacy on a gbbr.

4 minutes ago, LzChase said:

This gun comes with an extended outer barrel from the factory, which is hidden by the outer barrel.

fair enough, was mostly a heads up because changing inner barrel length on a gbbr can catch folk unawares (mostly with pistols admittedly)

4 minutes ago, LzChase said:

Finally, yes, bipods on airsoft DMRs tend to not be too useful. But on the other hand I've often got annoyed over the lack of something to rest the gun on.

tis a very personal thing, as mentioned my experience was i rarely needed stability that couldn't be achieved by monopoding on the mag.

I do this a lot too as most of my builds are totally custom and unlike any reference pictures I can find. 

You build looks pretty good. Have you thought about getting one of the extended rails for it? Might suit the DMR look a bit better. 

Screenshot_20210521_211444_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox~2.jpg

1 hour ago, PopRocket123 said:

I do this a lot too as most of my builds are totally custom and unlike any reference pictures I can find. 

You build looks pretty good. Have you thought about getting one of the extended rails for it? Might suit the DMR look a bit better. 

Screenshot_20210521_211444_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox~2.jpg

Yes I have but over here they're nowhere to be found.

19 minutes ago, LzChase said:

Yes I have but over here they're nowhere to be found.

Try AliExpress. If you're ok to wait then you might be able to get one that way. 

14 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

a fair point, some of the repro lpvo's are surprisingly good in terms of clarity, although can't speak to their efficacy on a gbbr.

fair enough, was mostly a heads up because changing inner barrel length on a gbbr can catch folk unawares (mostly with pistols admittedly)

tis a very personal thing, as mentioned my experience was i rarely needed stability that couldn't be achieved by monopoding on the mag.

So regarding that thing you said about a more modern look, I tried to make a compromise between so I could get a somewhat fancier look while still using the recoil proof Walther scope by simply changing to an offset monoblock. This is how that would look and I personally like this better.

Namnlös.png

1 hour ago, TheFull9 said:

More modern looking mount but they're not usually mounted that way around it has to be said.

Oops. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.