Camo Identification

mightyjebus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

My Google-fu seems weak and I can't for the life of me find out anything about this camo. I know it's Crye Precision and the part number is a Crye part number but doesn't have a NSN associated that I can find.

Anyone have any info on it? I'm guessing some soft of USMC trails MARPAT but that's just a guess.

camo1.jpg

camo2.jpg

camo3.jpg

@mightyjebus Being a google monster myself this is what your looking for is “Crye Precision Digital Desert Tencate Defender M Admin Op”

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/crye-precision-tencate-defender-admin-1815606198

*edit*

Dug a little more and I’ve found the part number too

04017E64-4625-4BE4-8AC6-DBEA0141A356.jpeg

Edited by MiK

From the limited info about who/what/where it’s looking like something the US Navy Seals wore back in 2001-ish and the labelling seems to be slightly different from “COMBAT PAINT” to “ADMIN/OP PAINT”  but it also could come from the USMC (marines) as the two patterns are quite similar but again it does look like pattern a “staffer/cake-eater” would wear.

I've seen 3 labels:

APR-UT1 - Combat cut trousers

APR-UT2- Admin/Ops cut trousers

APR-US1 Admin/Ops cut shirt

I know there is a UBAC out there somewhere which will have another number.

For anyone shorter and rounder than me there is a pair of Ops trousers on ebay right now for 60 quid

• Supporters

Above is correct.  I've only seem them on ebay in huge sizes personally and very small quantity, never seen so much as a picture of a combat cut set as iirc correctly they were for some sort of LE organisation rather than military but I've never truly dug in to it.  My wager would be that there aren't any combat cut items in this camo but I'd be very very interested to see pics if there was.

weirdly as I was reading this the set I bought on ebay turned up. I got the 36 waist set and it was a bit of a gamble but it paid off as the sizes are small and fit more like a 34.

I thought 60 quid for a pair of Crye's was a pretty good deal also.

Up close the camo reminds me of the estonia desert stuff. Just need to find a UBAC or shirt now

• Supporters

Weird, that's not the norm.  Depending on gen and field vs combat crye lowers will be either true to the size or 2-4" larger than the label says.  But if it works it works.  This stuff is a really unusual outlier of the product line.

Vaguely recall possibly seeing Combat cut versions 3-4 years ago, iirc it was a shirt. Mainly it was Field type pieces listed on ebay.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.