Raven Eu18 Series Airsoft Pistol Not Shooting

YungEb_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My airsoft GBB pistol has stopped firing. I have put Green Gas inside, BBs and made sure the safety is off however, it just doesn't shoot when I pull the trigger as if the magazine isn't in the gun. It doesn't even dry fire (When I say dry fire I mean l like firing without shooting out BBs). I can't return it back to where I got it from due to it passing it's warranty therefore, I really have no hope left. I am extremely confused as to why it doesn't work. Somebody please help...

Just to confirm the trigger goes all the way down but the gun just doesn't fire.

35 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

does the gun dry fire with the magazine removed and the slide racked? as in the hammer drops properly?

When the magazine is removed and trigger can be pressed all the way, same as when the magazine is there. 

16 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Oh yeah same gun. Hasn't work since unfortunately 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

that's some memory.....

1 minute ago, YungEb_ said:

When the magazine is removed and trigger can be pressed all the way, same as when the magazine is there. 

after looking at the old thread, does the hammer now hold in the cocked position at all?

the forcing it up with a screwdriver thing makes me think option number 1 of a broken sear is a possibility.

the screw that was removed looks like it's the main retention for the whole trigger pack, did you remove the trigger pack at all? because if so then candidate number 2 (which may have been your original problem) would be a mis-aligned/jammed/unsprung transfer bar.

49 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

that's some memory.....

after looking at the old thread, does the hammer now hold in the cocked position at all?

the forcing it up with a screwdriver thing makes me think option number 1 of a broken sear is a possibility.

the screw that was removed looks like it's the main retention for the whole trigger pack, did you remove the trigger pack at all? because if so then candidate number 2 (which may have been your original problem) would be a mis-aligned/jammed/unsprung transfer bar.

16159173332816701253309328823004.thumb.jpg.61b2da23aafd7fe84ea7413446a62681.jpg16159173332816701253309328823004.thumb.jpg.61b2da23aafd7fe84ea7413446a62681.jpg16159173828192922070538453234944.thumb.jpg.effc3bf8161e9cb2aa291c1ef38e2cab.jpgThe first one is just a picture of it when the trigger is in its normal place, the second is side view the thing that lifts when the trigger is down ans the third is birds eye view of the trigger being pressed. I'm actually quite inexperienced in this so I am far worse than lost. Sorry if I am being difficult 

16159173565237608821152244342912.jpg

Do you guys think the guarder steel hammer sear needs to be replaced? I've found this link here: https://www.evike.com/products/45025/ 

I've been looking at youtube videos etc and I've realised that when they press the trigger the hammer wheel comes up. Is it meant to come up when I press the trigger because if not my hammer wheel stays down and doesn't actually come up...

I had a look at a raven 17 for someone earlier in the year, similar issue by the sound of it. I ended up just replacing the complete hammer assembly with a WE one. Interestingly although it was an EU17 it required an 18 hammer assembly.  Might be your best option at this point. Quick and easy to install.

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/gas-blowback-parts/we-pistol-parts/we-g18c-hammer-assembly.html

Nick

8 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I had a look at a raven 17 for someone earlier in the year, similar issue by the sound of it. I ended up just replacing the complete hammer assembly with a WE one. Interestingly although it was an EU17 it required an 18 hammer assembly.  Might be your best option at this point. Quick and easy to install.

http://www.milspecsolutions.co.uk/gas-blowback-parts/we-pistol-parts/we-g18c-hammer-assembly.html

Nick

16159227387664337179021795775141.thumb.jpg.e2cc1a37323bcb01b726e5e4661873c8.jpgDoes the hammer wheel need to be up and that little circle thingy need to out for me to remove the hammer assembly out of the gun because right now it is as if something is holding the hammer assembly down when I try to remove it its position out of the gun.

I'm trying to remember if the pin at the back of the grip needs removing, and I cant for the life of me remember ! Can take a bit of a jiggle to seperate the trigger bar from the assembly. Does it move at all with the screw out ? Try removing the pin, just in case. 

Nick

4 minutes ago, Nick G said:

I'm trying to remember if the pin at the back of the grip needs removing, and I cant for the life of me remember ! Can take a bit of a jiggle to seperate the trigger bar from the assembly. Does it move at all with the screw out ? Try removing the pin, just in case. 

Nick

It slightly jiggles in its position, There isn't enough movement for me to happily say the hammer assembly is just stiff. It is as if there is another pin inside it holding it down. I have tried to push the pin on the side however, it doesn't move at all and I am scared of breaking it. I was wondering if the hammer wheel needs to be up first before removing the pin as that's the order of which the guy done it in the video done it. Just to confirm you suggest purchasing the Hammer Assembly you linked and just replacing it with the one in the gun right? If so I'll order the assembly once you confirm that.

Thanks a lot by the way mate.

That's what I'd do, at this point. The hammer unit on the 17 I did wasnt going to be an easy fix. That unit should fit yours fine. The pin will push out but will need some persuading. Tap it out with a hammer and punch if it really wont move.

No worries, hope that sorts it for you Dude.

If you take a look at the image, you can see a hole each side low down on the unit, that'll be where the pin goes through. Hammer was stuck down on the 17 too so unit should come out ok.

• Supporters

Ooh, looking at them pics looks like the hammer has caught on the inside of the trigger pack?

Edit: also i'm not an expert on glocks, but arent there meant to be 2 roller bearings on the hammer? Looks like its only got one?

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ooh, looking at them pics looks like the hammer has caught on the inside of the trigger pack?

It does look like that, the 17 had done the same thing but no amount of stripping and reasembly would free it up. Someone alse had tried replacinf some parts before it came to me and the new unit was the best option at that point.

Nick

• Supporters
Just now, Nick G said:

It does look like that, the 17 had done the same thing but no amount of stripping and reasembly would free it up. Someone alse had tried replacinf some parts before it came to me and the new unit was the best option at that point.

Nick

Yeah it looks like it's gotten wobbly on its axis pin and ended up jammed at a weird angle, given the op claimed to have forced it with a screwdriver in the last thread she might be in bad shape.

New trigger pack is probably the only option at this point.

40 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Yeah it looks like it's gotten wobbly on its axis pin and ended up jammed at a weird angle, given the op claimed to have forced it with a screwdriver in the last thread she might be in bad shape.

New trigger pack is probably the only option at this point.

@Adolf Hamster@nick Ok thank you all. I read the reviews in the link you guys sent and it seems to be a perfect match for Raven EU18 series so it should be fine. I'll message back in this thread when it arrives as I will order it tonight. 

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Nick

image.thumb.png.1b97a48227d2ca7e3e66d0d76552305f.png

Super excited mate!

8 minutes ago, YungEb_ said:

Wait @Nick Gand @Adolf HamsterWhy don't I just buy a new GBB pistol for like £80 - £90 rather than buying a Hammer Assembly for £30?

Its a Raven, they’re throw-away pistols. If you can’t fix it for less than a tenner, buy another, but buy a WE next time, and don’t change the fire mode unless the slide is locked back.

Sell it as it is for £30, add the price of a new Raven G18 to that amount, you can buy a WE G18.

11 minutes ago, YungEb_ said:

Wait @Nick Gand @Adolf HamsterWhy don't I just buy a new GBB pistol for like £80 - £90 rather than buying a Hammer Assembly for £30?

You certainly could do that and keep the existing for spares.

32 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Its a Raven, they’re throw-away pistols. If you can’t fix it for less than a tenner, buy another, but buy a WE next time, and don’t change the fire mode unless the slide is locked back.

Sell it as it is for £30, add the price of a new Raven G18 to that amount, you can buy a WE G18.

I literally don't know what to do as my Dad is saying this is a learning curb and as long as this lasts you till Summer it is fine as if you buy this Hammer Assembly for £30 it is still cheaper than £100. If it breaks in a year then buy another and £60 is still cheaper than £100 then you lasted yourself 3 years extra and when you start going to Airsoft sites you can then get a good gun since I've never actually played Airsoft and this was my first ever gun lol

What is your guy's opinion on what I should do? Do you think I should try to sell this gun and 2 magazines for about £40 then try to buy a good AEG AR or a GBB Pistol?

Personally I'd get the part and fix it, I agree with your Dad , the best way to learn how to tech your guns is to work on them, and I enjoy the teching aspect of the sport which is why I fix guns for mates.  Other folk will disagre and say get rid, but I enjoy fixing them.

Raven pistols seem to be a mix, I know some that have had issues with them and I know some who have never had a problem, but if it breaks and you fix it  you are learning new skills which is never a bad thing.

My WE 18C is several years old and has been used hard and the hammer unit is still going strong, so it is likly that the replacement part will last a long time. 

I'd wait untill youve played enough to get your UKARA before getting an AEG, go play and rent a gun a few times. That'll give you chance to ltalk to people about their guns and maybe try a couple of platforms before you buy your own (you might prefer an AK or G36 over an M4) 

Nick

42 minutes ago, Nick G said:

Personally I'd get the part and fix it, I agree with your Dad , the best way to learn how to tech your guns is to work on them, and I enjoy the teching aspect of the sport which is why I fix guns for mates.  Other folk will disagre and say get rid, but I enjoy fixing them.

Raven pistols seem to be a mix, I know some that have had issues with them and I know some who have never had a problem, but if it breaks and you fix it  you are learning new skills which is never a bad thing.

My WE 18C is several years old and has been used hard and the hammer unit is still going strong, so it is likly that the replacement part will last a long time. 

I'd wait untill youve played enough to get your UKARA before getting an AEG, go play and rent a gun a few times. That'll give you chance to ltalk to people about their guns and maybe try a couple of platforms before you buy your own (you might prefer an AK or G36 over an M4) 

Nick

M4 all the way. How about if I sold the gun £4-£50 then used that money to buy a new one?

You could go that way if you wanted to, If you stick to a G18 or 17 (I'd get the 17 if I got another as I never use the full auto) then your existing mags should fit so i'd sell it with one mag and keep the other. Personally I'd get the WE version, mine has never failed me, gets used hard and runs on red gas all year . They are easily upgraded later on with maple leaf parts, mine has a rubber , I key , hop wheel and crazy jet barrel (same as all my pistols) but I play my pistols regularly, they are fine out of the box TBH. Although a mate has the Army Armament all polymer one and is impressed with it. It will be more gas efficient being all poly , I just like metal on my pistols. 

NEW! Army Armament R17 (17) 3rd Generation GBB Airsoft pistol - Black - Airsoft World

Cheap option too 

5 hours ago, Nick G said:

You could go that way if you wanted to, If you stick to a G18 or 17 (I'd get the 17 if I got another as I never use the full auto) then your existing mags should fit so i'd sell it with one mag and keep the other. Personally I'd get the WE version, mine has never failed me, gets used hard and runs on red gas all year . They are easily upgraded later on with maple leaf parts, mine has a rubber , I key , hop wheel and crazy jet barrel (same as all my pistols) but I play my pistols regularly, they are fine out of the box TBH. Although a mate has the Army Armament all polymer one and is impressed with it. It will be more gas efficient being all poly , I just like metal on my pistols. 

NEW! Army Armament R17 (17) 3rd Generation GBB Airsoft pistol - Black - Airsoft World

Cheap option too 

Hmm I like the look of it. So it is has metal on the pistol rather than full polymer and is a GBB for only £54 or so? Just to confirm this works on green gas with 0.20g BBs right and my extra mag from the Raven EU 18 Series works on this?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.