Raven Eu18 Series Airsoft Pistol Not Shooting

YungEb_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

2 minutes ago, YungEb_ said:

Hmm I like the look of it. So it is has metal on the pistol rather than full polymer and is a GBB for only £54 or so? Just to confirm this works on green gas with 0.20g BBs right and my extra mag from the Raven EU 18 Series works on this?

Has some metal inners, trigger group etc, but frame and slide are polymer, but yes it's a GBB. Cant say for sure about your raven mag in it, I know they work ok in a WE so I would imagine they will fit, but my Army Armament 1911 will not take WE mags, so may not fit. Only thing would be to try and see.  Like I said earlier I've no direct experience of that version but a mate has one and is impressed with it. Green gas should be fine and .20 BBs will work although heavier would be better for skirmishing. 

5 hours ago, Nick G said:

You could go that way if you wanted to, If you stick to a G18 or 17 (I'd get the 17 if I got another as I never use the full auto) then your existing mags should fit so i'd sell it with one mag and keep the other. Personally I'd get the WE version, mine has never failed me, gets used hard and runs on red gas all year . They are easily upgraded later on with maple leaf parts, mine has a rubber , I key , hop wheel and crazy jet barrel (same as all my pistols) but I play my pistols regularly, they are fine out of the box TBH. Although a mate has the Army Armament all polymer one and is impressed with it. It will be more gas efficient being all poly , I just like metal on my pistols. 

NEW! Army Armament R17 (17) 3rd Generation GBB Airsoft pistol - Black - Airsoft World

Cheap option too 

Do you have any 1911s or any other GBB pistols that you might suggest that are quite cool and fun. I was thinking of buying a shell ejecting GBB 1911 but I can't find a good one for a decent price. Do you know any that you might suggest?

Bizarely given that I'm not a huge 1911 fan I've ended up with 4 of them, although a couple of those are ones I've built up from parts. The big issue with them is the mag size, they only hold half as many BBs as a Glock type and much less gas and because the mags are slim they suffer cooldown if used rapidly. TM ones are better because they are full polymer so the lighter slide helps. 

I've just got a John Wick combat master as a boneyard gun which I sorted and that's quite fun . It's basically a Hi Capa so a grown up 1911. Hi capas are popular and there are loads of upgrades available. 

Personally though my go to pistols when I play pistol only games are the G18 and my P226. Both are WE  and both upgraded but I found them ok out of the box.

Only shell ejecting gun I've goit is a KAR98 which is a scream to plink in the garden with but I'd never take it to a game as I'd be spending half the day looking for my brass, so no experience of ejecting 1911's I'm afraid.

At the end of the day any reasonable GBB pistol will be fun to use. 

Be sure to learn proper maintenance , GBBs need a bit more looking after than electric guns, but plenty of decent videos on youtube.

Edited by Nick G

2 hours ago, Nick G said:

Bizarely given that I'm not a huge 1911 fan I've ended up with 4 of them, although a couple of those are ones I've built up from parts. The big issue with them is the mag size, they only hold half as many BBs as a Glock type and much less gas and because the mags are slim they suffer cooldown if used rapidly. TM ones are better because they are full polymer so the lighter slide helps. 

I've just got a John Wick combat master as a boneyard gun which I sorted and that's quite fun . It's basically a Hi Capa so a grown up 1911. Hi capas are popular and there are loads of upgrades available. 

Personally though my go to pistols when I play pistol only games are the G18 and my P226. Both are WE  and both upgraded but I found them ok out of the box.

Only shell ejecting gun I've goit is a KAR98 which is a scream to plink in the garden with but I'd never take it to a game as I'd be spending half the day looking for my brass, so no experience of ejecting 1911's I'm afraid.

At the end of the day any reasonable GBB pistol will be fun to use. 

Be sure to learn proper maintenance , GBBs need a bit more looking after than electric guns, but plenty of decent videos on youtube.

Yeah I do believe a WE G18 would be the best for skirmishing however, I've already had that feeling and now I want to try out other type of guns. I haven't gone skirmishing yet and I want to get a feel of it at home first so I thought shell ejecting would be cool lol.

I've had a look at Hi Capa and they look amazing. As for the 1911 shell ejecting I;ve seen a video on it on YouTube but I can't find an actual link for it on google to purchase one unfortunately. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.