Is the Krytac Crb-m Mk2 Worth it With Just Enough Money to Get it?

linton100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

So at the moment I only have a really basic beginner gun that if I'm honest I'm not the biggest fan of the look of (nuprol delta pioneer defender) and the only really good gun I've ever used was a modded ares amoeba and I loved it. Anyway, I've been looking for ages over lockdown due to having load of time lol and I love the look and I've watched loads of reviews saying that the Krytac CRB MK2 is a super nice gun straight out of the box becuase I dont know much about guns and how to mod them I thought this would be a perfect gun that I could use for AGESS and not really need to get a better one, however its £350. Due to being a student I don't have a lot of money and I'll have just enough to get one however I know I really want to get into the game properly. I guess I just wanted to know if it is a massive waste to buy one as basically my first good gun just before we come out of lockdown to then use or should I do/buy something else that you would recommend?

• linton100 changed the title to Is the Krytac Crb-m Mk2 Worth it With Just Enough Money to Get it?
  • Supporters

First off, there's plenty of decent guns out there for £350. If it's just the look you like on the Krytac  you could quite easily mod your Nuprol to resemble it (new handguard, different stock and you're most of the way there) so there's always that option. Does the Nuprol work well enough for now? Maybe think about what you actually want from a new gun - accuracy, range, rate of fire, aesthetics etc. 

Krytacs are OK, personally I'm not sure they're any better than anything else at that price point and they do have some proprietary niggles (slightly non standard gearbox shell for instance) that you might want to take into account before you settle on it.

It's a long-one but Negative Airsoft just posted a video detailing his thoughts on each brand on youtube. Worth a watch from your position.

@Lozart

Thanks for the reply :)

I was thinking about modding my nuprol but then I thought that there isnt much point becuase its not that great of a gun anyway and I would like a gun that is realllllllly nice to handle and shoot etc.

For that price what sort of stuff would you recommend? For like £200-300?

@Cr0-Magnon

Thanks, I'll make sure to check it out :)

Just scrolling though that video though the brands I know and can easily get and I never knew that CYMA were actually one of the best. I think I might do some research into them becuase from the sounds of it Krytac are super annoying and for someone like me it will be a pain haha.

If I did buy a cheaper CYMA would the internals not be very good, and if yes what sort of thing would I need to make it a really nice gun to use? Becuase oviously if I get a cheaper gun I could spend the money to make it have good internals, is that a good idea?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, linton100 said:

@Lozart

I was thinking about modding my nuprol but then I thought that there isnt much point becuase its not that great of a gun anyway and I would like a gun that is realllllllly nice to handle and shoot etc.

@Cr0-Magnon

Just scrolling though that video though the brands I know and can easily get and I never knew that CYMA were actually one of the best.

Personally, CYMA, Specna Arms (One Series though, not the ones with the Orion Gearbox), E&C, G&G Top Tech, ICS, the older non-EBB Tokyo Marui guns.

Buying a second good gun does also free you up to have a spare in case it does go wrong at some point!

2 minutes ago, linton100 said:

@Lozart

@Cr0-Magnon

Dont be so hard on the gun.   I run a nuprol pioneer defender and i have only done 4 mods to it, spending a grand total of about £80 (including postage) over the course of a year and it shoots great.

1. Prometheus purple hop bucking

2. M105 spring (gets it shooting at approx 330-340 on .2s)

3. Maxx hop unit with built in tracer (didnt really need to change the hop unit as stock one worked well...   i just didnt want a tracer unit screwed onto the end of the barrel, but wanted to use tracers in cqb)

4. Flat hop mod (again, unnecessary. but didnt cost much to do, just a couple of quid for a new hop arm nub, and gave me something to do one weekend over lockdown when also fitting hop unit)

All the other internals are completely stock, and when i rebuilt the gun i worked to eliminate any air leaks (streched piston o ring over cylinder, teflon tape to seal nozzle etc) and i dont see need to replace them until they break, and even then im in no rush as i have backup guns.

If you do mods 1 and 2, plus sealing any points that could leak air (srandard on ANY aeg) then you will have a pretty great gun... plus as @Lozart has stated, you can also add external mods to change the look of the guns appearance

Are there better guns out there from stock...  yes

But if you mod your nuprol, it will compete with all of them, plus you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have built (or rebuilt if you prefer) your gun yourself, rather than just buying a gun off the shelf, slapping a battery and bbs in it and going off to play ..   for me the "built/modded it myself" aspect is part of the fun

3 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Buying a second good gun does also free you up to have a spare in case it does go wrong at some point!

This is true...  always good to have a backup...

*looks at his arsenal*

Or eight

I wouldn't bother modifying until you have a spare gun and a chrono (please for the love of god get a chrono if you're starting to tech), especially if you've never touched anything before. There's nothing worse than taking a gun you've "sorted" to the field and it's low on power (or over limits), not feeding, etc, then having to resort to borrowing something or grabbing a rental. I've seen it happen to people too many times.

I'd probably look at something like the CYMA platinum series for a more 'premium' offering that doesn't blow your budget, Krytacs are decent but not mind blowing and they have some proprietary stuff still cutting about in them (gearsets are a bit different if I recall correctly). Then with the money saved you can look at starting to tech the nuprol, perhaps a different rail or something? Plenty of possibilities.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.