Gg Raider and 2.0 Pricing.

38super

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why G&G Raiders (old version) are around the same retail price as the (presumably newer? and improved?) 2.0 version.

Seems odd they are even still producing the old one. Anyone know what the reason is?

Am I just reading it wrong and they are different guns?

Cheers. The sales blurb give the impression the 2.0 is an upgraded version of the original.

Same crappy gearbox inside, but the 2.0s have much better externals, the polymer body feels really nice

• Supporters

Some other models are not too shabby either

I'm more than sorted but kinda like the KR-CQB...

Image result for G&G kr-cqb

it is NOTHING SPECIAL - old school stuff, but some retailers have it at £150

but at least it isn't a common as muck Raider 1 model

mind you expect to see a shit load of DE HB's when people get to go peew peew again

end of the day - your gun, your money & G&G do make some niiiiice looking guns

with decent polymer receivers etc... & easy/popular to sell on if you wish

they make some over priced & over rated stuff too

wtf is their DEATH-MACHINE mk2 all about ffs at an inflated BS price £250 (polymer gun)

but yeah £150 (maybe a smidge more) for a polymer G&G is about right imho

(if you really like a certain model)

The £150 mark seems to have a wide range of options for budget guns. The Double Eagle looks like a good choice.

I'd be happy with either M4 or MP5. I can't bring myself to like AK's unfortunately.

15 hours ago, 38super said:

The £150 mark seems to have a wide range of options for budget guns. The Double Eagle looks like a good choice.

I'd be happy with either M4 or MP5. I can't bring myself to like AK's unfortunately.

It's a pretty saturated market these days in the Sub-£150 price bracket.

I wish I had that amount of choice when I started playing. Back in those days, it was pretty much TM, Classic Army or ICS. And they cost a lot more than £150.

Even with the cheap guns from Poland pretty much no longer a 'thing' post-brexit, it's still a great time for newcomers to Airsoft with the sheer variety of guns available.

17 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I wish I had that amount of choice when I started playing. Back in those days, it was pretty much TM, Classic Army or ICS. And they cost a lot more than £150.

Same here when I started.

It was either TM/CA/ICS (for well over €300) or JG/Asia Electric for €150, and back then JGs and the likes would rarely survive three skirmishes in a row without stripping something or blowing up.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.