New Gun or Not to New Gun? That Is the Question

DoooomRider

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

so I've been playing airsoft for a couple of years and over time got a couple of new toys;

I started with the Ares Amoeba AM-008

picked up a Massada that had been modded into a DMR beforehand (have no idea about it's internals and stuff or even brand)

and a while back picked up a King Arms P90.

I'm loving my AM-008 but I was thinking about upping my tech slightly which has left me debating picking up a Umarex H&K 416 a5 or a Tokyo Marui High-cycle Aug. I'm leaning towards the 416 and have read good things about it but should I save the money and just upgrade my AM-008, is there anything I should be drastically aware of about the 416? Is the Aug a good alternative or just a solid CQB weapon? And how would if I stick with the AM-008 I upgrade it?

Thank you in advance

Best thing you can do to your Amoeba is to throw the bullshit proprietary gearbox away and get a proper STANDARD v2 box in.

It'll open up a whole new universe of upgrade opportunities.

The 416 is VFC OEM'd which is a brand known for orgasm inducing externals but really subpar mechanical parts, especially for what you pay for.

Let me ask you a question: do you like the AM008 ergonomics? Because if so, you already know the answer to your last question ;)

The AM008 is a lovely gun, I like it but I was hoping to go for something as an upgrade.

With the 416 I had heard that it had Avalon V2 internals (or something like that)  and was absolutely amazing

I have very little idea on how to upgrade and honestly not to sound thick but I have no idea what a standard V2 gearbox is

17 hours ago, DoooomRider said:

With the 416 I had heard that it had Avalon V2 internals (or something like that)  and was absolutely amazing

VFC....Amazing...Internals. Three words I've never heard said seriously in the same sentence.

Take a look through these vids. You'll see that as lovely as they are on the outside, they are pretty gash on the inside.

To be fair I have seen some VFC guns that do seem to have been well built. I think the biggest problem is the quality control and the broad spectrum of fit and finish that any given gun might have.

They appear to range from close to Marui levels of internal fit and finish (other than the university wobbly selector switch) that have given years of trouble free service through to complete dogs that can’t get through a skirmish day despite having been sent back for warranty repairs several times.

Thing is at that price, every one should be a gem when it’s actually a coin toss.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Thing is at that price, every one should be a gem when it’s actually a coin toss.

At their price point, they should be amazing out of the box at least 99% of the time. But nooope.

I had a VFC 416 once. It worked. Lovely to look at , but was completely unexceptional in terms of performance. Sold it fairly quickly. This was a while ago, and I appreciate that the newer guns have (supposedly) better internals, but if they don't work, what's the point?

You pays your money, you takes your choice I suppose.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.