Gbb Pistol Advice

123standish

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, 

looking for advice, never owned a pistol and want a metal or mostly metal GBB pistol, trade marks not important just reliable, upgradable and a good shooter. is there an ultimate make of pistol? 

thanks

j

Hi capas are generally the go to guns for customisation, never had one personally thoughj

in the end it's down to what you like the look of and feel comfortable with

28 minutes ago, 123standish said:

Hello, 

looking for advice, never owned a pistol and want a metal or mostly metal GBB pistol, trade marks not important just reliable, upgradable and a good shooter. is there an ultimate make of pistol? 

thanks

j

No, the best pistols are out of the box Marui’s which are all plastic. If you want a metal pistol, buy whatever you like the look of.

Decent, metal, but not TM quality, are Armorer Works.

Avoid anything cheap, they’re all shite

If you want a metal slide (but polymer lower) you can’t go wrong with a WE Glock. They are very solid and reliable, and shoot quite well (a few small mods can make them shoot great).

They do suffer more from cool down than Marui pistols, but they will take higher power gas to compensate. On really cold days I have even used WE CO2 mags with no problems.

I've got a we beretta m9.

Good solid gun.

Feels like it means business.

Lovely solid blowback.

But shop around,watch reviews  and see what catches your fancy.👍🙂

Regards 

If you want upgradeable but something super common. Glock17 or better yet Hi-Capa.

For a good out the box pistol that doesn't require mods, go for a TM Hi Capa.

If you simply must have an aluminium slide, buy a TM Hi-Capa and put an aluminium slide on it.

I'm quite biased towards both TM and Hi Capas but it's difficult to surpass the performance for cost. My GM has lasted 5 years with a polymer slide and even then the slide did not break, I just chose to upgrade because of too much time on my hands.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.