New to Airsoft, GBB Advice

blocks1

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

ive read up a bit on the forum, alot of players unimpressed with vfc however i already bought a glock 17 gen 5 which i find is quite fun and i am generally impressed with it, however i am yet to play a game of airsoft!..

i wont be buying anything else until i go for my first game, however i wanted to ask which gbb rifles are a good choice when budget isn't so much limited?

i have a holosun red dot sitting here crying to go one something worth while, maybe an mp5 or something small enough to fit into a back pack..

ideally i am looking for realism and decent range / repeatable accuracy..

Im sure i am missing lots of information here but very open to constructive advice.

Regards all.

Andrew.

AR platform = Tokyo Marui MWS.

AK's = GHK.

SMG's - Tokyo Marui MP7 and the WE MP5 Apache series.

There was a recent thread which went to quite some length when discussing GBBR's.

As a side note GHK also produce an AUG and Sig SG553. With a short barrel set I imagine the AUG would fit nicely into a rifle bag and the SG553 is a relatively compact rifle, especially with the stock folded.

VFC’s have decent (actually very nice externals) but get their good (unjustified) reputation from Americans who have very limited access to other trademarked weapons.

They are poor quality internals, difficult to get spares for, non- TM compatible so tricky to upgrade.

Not REALLY bad weapons, on a par with WE, but massively overpriced just for the trademarks.

Rifle wise, by a GHK or TM GBB rifle, there is a huge thread here on the TM MWS

My humble opinion, for skirmishing the Marui MWS is pretty much the best platform out their full stop. GHKs have more realistic internals, but are not quite as reliable in a skirmish (not bashing GHK in fact I really like them, but more a case of the MWS being incredibly reliable at the cost of a bit less realism when stripping it down).

The Marui MP7 is also very skirmishable right out of the box if you want an SMG, but I can’t get over the fact is the wrong size and once you have held a full size one  it feels a bit toy like.

VFC guns have amazing externals, but the internals are very average (not as bad as many people say), however coupled with the complete lack of spare parts support it’s very hard to recommend them as skirmish guns.

WE guns are ok, but nowhere near as good as the MWS or GHKs offerings, but they are much cheaper (a good case of you get what you pay for), and some models are more skirmish ready than others (MP5s generally very good/M4s not as good). You can skirmish them fine but expect to do more fiddling/fixing and maintaining them than the Marui/GHK guns. This isn’t such a problem as parts support is decent, but you do need to be happy to work on your gun. 

ok, so vfc are useless when it comes to spare parts, thats good to know as i would never want to be in that situation..

i would really like the steel stamped mp5 but as vfc arent great for spares does anyone have any input on the Swit MP5 A3 offering?

maybe someone has seen a guy using in in field and has an opinion?

i will take a look at the weapons suggested in thbe comments thus far, thanks alot for your time and knowledge all.

I used my WE MP5 for a few games this weekend. It’s a stamped steel body and is perfectly skirmishable out of the box. Not as good as my MWS which I used for most of the day, but it did a good job.

The WE mp5 does have a few known issues (such 3 round burst going full auto), but all are fixable and the parts are available with some good tutorials on the fixes on the web.

AK=GHK

M4=TM

GHK Sig and AUG are based off the AK so should be decent.  TM have an AKM coming out so will see what thats like.  I have both a GHK AKM and a TM MWS and I think the GHK is better but then again my MWS is stock.

WE MP5 are good, anything else is a bit meh.

I know GHK AKs inside and out so if you get one let me know and I can talk you through it 

There are quite a few gbb smg that are worth the time.

I have an mp9 which has always been great. Folds down really well to travel, magazines are compact (pistol calibre) and tuff and not overly heavy.

The tm mp7 is also good.

I have been playing over 3 years and got a TM MWS second hand last year...I wish I had skipped all the AEGs I had owned and just gone for that first of all! Would have saved loads of time, money and faffing about with batteries, motors and incompatible mags!

Get a TM MWS, 3 spare mags and a TM speedloader. Job. Done. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.