Hamster's Guide to the Polarstar Product Line.

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Interesting read.  I have considered HPA for my LCT RPD as that gearbox has given me nightmares over the years - working fine now - what would you recommend for a support weapon - dont need crazy ROF just consistency.

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Interesting read.  I have considered HPA for my LCT RPD as that gearbox has given me nightmares over the years - working fine now - what would you recommend for a support weapon - dont need crazy ROF just consistency.

kinda depends on the specific gun, a quick look suggests the rpd runs a v3 nozzle so you might be able to get away with the f2 which would certainly be the more consistent setup.

if you need to modify the nozzle it's a bit easier to get a longer variant jack nozzle (like the sr25 type) and trim it down (as it's delrin and easy machined). this is what i did to get the mg42 running although that was as much because i had the engine going spare.

alternately you can get polarstar to custom make a nozzle for a particular gun, iirc there's an sa58 in the classifieds running an f2 with a custom nozzle.

trigger contacts are easy enough, just wire the plug board into the existing contacts. there's options for adding a switch between semi and auto or you can do it via the fcu.

for nozzle length in detail you could look here:

https://polarstarairsoft.com/products/jack™-nozzles

The trigger contacts are in the gearbox and connected to the trigger by a plate that moves.

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

The trigger contacts are in the gearbox and connected to the trigger by a plate that moves.

the universal plugboard lets you just wire in the contacts same way as you'd wire in the signal wires for a mosfet.

https://www.highpressureairsoft.co.uk/store/p395/PolarStar_-_Universal_Plugboard.html

the middle plug goes to the fcu and the others are for the engine solenoids, trigger, and selector switch (which means you can wire up semi/auto, or fit to a system with a 2 stage trigger)

Amazing work. A really good insight into something a week ago I thought was more magical than the insides of a Marui gearbox :D  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.