Ordering From Taiwangun Without a UKARA

Owain
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hey i was wondering if anyone has ordered a new gun from taiwangun without a ukara. my friend said he did and it came normally in the post. has anyone had any experience with ordering without one ? also what about borrowing someones ukara, are you able to do that and just have it shipped to your house? 

7 minutes ago, Owain said:

hey i was wondering if anyone has ordered a new gun from taiwangun without a ukara. my friend said he did and it came normally in the post. has anyone had any experience with ordering without one ? also what about borrowing someones ukara, are you able to do that and just have it shipped to your house? 

do you have any form of defence? because at the moment you are asking someone to help break the law if you don't have a defence. 

13 minutes ago, Owain said:

Get your UKARA first, by risking importing something without proof of a valid defense is detrimental to the UK Airsoft community. 

In answer to your query on how it works.

Batches of Parcels are checked at a random basis regardless of contents, the fact that a parcel has a UKARA number or not is irrelevant if its not found in a random check. Your friend didn't get caught because the shipment it came in wasn't pulled out for the randomised checks. 

The UKARA number DOES become relevant if a parcel containing a RIF is caught up in a random search by Border Force at one of the ports or airports. That is when it is seized and a seizure notice is sent to your address, you then ask them to check the UKARA number as a method of proving your defense to import in your initial response to the seizure. The UKARA number is then checked against the database by Border Force at Birmingham. If the UKARA number matches the registered name and address with the name and address on the package then it will be entered back into the postal system. 

BF are much hotter on RIF identification and procedures recently as it is part of their firearms/weapons importation training. 

Basically, if it does get picked up by BF in a random search then you will need that UKARA number. If it is not valid then it will seized and destroyed, and under the VCRA/Section 5 you will either be at a minimum fined a few thousand quid or even a custodial sentence. 

Last year BF picked up on a RIF of mine despite having a UKARA number, I had to re-iterate the UKARA number, if I didn't have a UKARA number then I would have been fined and prosecuted. 

You cannot borrow someones UKARA number, because the number is registered to the UKARA holders home address and the RIF must be addressed to that same address. 

Do your three games once the COVID restrictions are lifted and get your own UKARA. Do you really want to risk getting prosecuted and potentially make more trouble for the Airsofting community in the UK?

2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Get your UKARA first, by risking importing something without proof of a valid defense is detrimental to the UK Airsoft community. 

Follow @Asomodai 's advice... don't be a statistic that could go towards punishing us all 😐

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Get your UKARA first...

Basically, if it does get picked up by BF in a random search then you will need that UKARA number. If it is not valid then it will seized and destroyed, and under the VCRA/Section 5 you will either be at a minimum fined a few thousand quid or even a custodial sentence. 

Last year BF picked up on a RIF of mine despite having a UKARA number, I had to re-iterate the UKARA number, if I didn't have a UKARA number then I would have been fined and prosecuted.

Just to add, you don't need UKARA if you have an alternative method of proving you're a legitimate skirmisher though of course it does make the verification process considerably more streamlined.

27 minutes ago, Owain said:

what other verification is there?

Have you been to an Airsoft Skirmish? If so how many times?

28 minutes ago, Owain said:

what other verification is there?

Exemptions for VCRA include: a museum or gallery, theatrical performances and rehearsals of such performances, the production of films and television programmes, the organisation and holding of historical re-enactments, crown servants and registered airsofters. 

No offence, but it's sounding to me like you're trying to work around a law which was put in place to stop the misuse of RIFs. Don't do it--it's a really, really bad idea. 

1 minute ago, Owain said:

no trust me im not trying to find away around it. im genuinely curious, and not 100% educated on this subject thank you everyone for the responses  

That's exactly what you asked to do. stop back peddling you knew enough to ask about getting round import laws. Lets draw a line under this. Read the information that has been provided and was always freely available and if you want to play follow the rules that every one else does.  

59 minutes ago, Owain said:

no trust me im not trying to find away around it. im genuinely curious, and not 100% educated on this subject thank you everyone for the responses  

You were literally asking how easy it is to get around not having a UKARA in your first post. 

i asked out of curiosity because like i said my friend manged to get one without a ukara, i said also i didnt know the laws,  i was not in any way trying to break the law, i feel everyone took what iasked the wrong way, which is fair enough, i should've explained myself better and i apologise for that

Archived