Uk Airsoft Sites That Allow Tag Rounds

Spartan09
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Im fairly new to airsoft, but recently i had the opportunity to acquire a TAG shell, some velum smoke rounds and a box of 4.5 second fuse reapers.

I was wondering if anyone could list any sites in the UK that allow the use of TAGs, as i want to try and get some use out of them, as well as visit new sites.

Ideally i would be looking at skirmish sites around the midlands, as im based in northamptonshire, but i am open to travelling to other sites as a special occasion...  especially once this lockdown is lifted

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance

Its a bit out of your way, Apocalypse Airsoft in Kent allow tags, mainly seen them used during their Milsim events, but have seen them used during the Sunday skirmishes from time to time

TAG rounds tend to be limited to use at Milsim events. You're best contacting sites you intend to visit ahead of time to confirm if they are allowed on skirmish days.

I realise this is probably far less helpful than you were hoping for.

On 07/04/2020 at 12:28, Spartan09 said:

Hi guys,

Im fairly new to airsoft, but recently i had the opportunity to acquire a TAG shell, some velum smoke rounds and a box of 4.5 second fuse reapers.

I was wondering if anyone could list any sites in the UK that allow the use of TAGs, as i want to try and get some use out of them, as well as visit new sites.

Ideally i would be looking at skirmish sites around the midlands, as im based in northamptonshire, but i am open to travelling to other sites as a special occasion...  especially once this lockdown is lifted

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Thanks in advance

Hi

I could be wrong but I think Proving Grounds in Selby, between west & North Yorkshire allows them. I’ve been there a few times and I know there was one guy using them. Worth going onto their Facebook and sending them a message though. Probs be about 90ish minutes travel for you. Great site too. 

On 07/04/2020 at 14:18, MikeMarden said:

Its a bit out of your way, Apocalypse Airsoft in Kent allow tags, mainly seen them used during their Milsim events, but have seen them used during the Sunday skirmishes from time to time

thank you mike.  apocalypse airsoft might be a bit out of the way to attend regularly,  but i will certainly give them a look, and will hopefully attend one of their games after this lockdown is over.

but hopefully this thread can help other players out there who im sure are in similar positions 😃

On 07/04/2020 at 14:18, FreeFrag.UK said:

TAG rounds tend to be limited to use at Milsim events. You're best contacting sites you intend to visit ahead of time to confirm if they are allowed on skirmish days.

I realise this is probably far less helpful than you were hoping for.

not at all FreeFrag, its more information than i had when i posted,  though i dont think i have enough experience or appropriate gear to join milsims yet...    but in the future, who knows...

On 10/04/2020 at 09:18, Jimbodini42 said:

Hi

I could be wrong but I think Proving Grounds in Selby, between west & North Yorkshire allows them. I’ve been there a few times and I know there was one guy using them. Worth going onto their Facebook and sending them a message though. Probs be about 90ish minutes travel for you. Great site too. 

thank you Jimbodini, i will look them up and drop them a message

(edit: two messages have been merged...   message below should have been a seperate post)

and in case this is of use to others,

a bit of further reading has revealed that the Gaol in oakham DOES allow TAGs for indirect fire...
from their website:

image.thumb.png.d67882fe71809ffab2677d41753f01b9.png

and a friend of my brothers forwarded me an email from firesupport/ freefire zone in peterborough that says they allow TAG smokes,  but no other projectiles

Archived