Fusion engines

Darbanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

i'll repeat what i said in your other thread- what performance do you think an FE has that you want to acheive?

the fusion engine is not a beginners bit of kit, most hpa systems aren't. it's not some magic thing that you drop in your gun and it'll instantly start shooting like a laser. you need to tune them and in the case of the fusion specifically this can require disassembly and shimming of the poppet valve to get the voluming right for the barrel length/bb weight you're using, you may also need to switch out to a lower flow poppet/nozzle depending on the fps of the build you're going for.

it'll also be very demanding for the rest of the system to be good, the hop unit, mags and ammo specifically as it can end up mis-feeding or double-feeding.

in terms of advantages, well once you have it set up it'll be pretty damn reliable, the trigger response can be set up to be a literal mouse-button click, and it can offer very good consistency (which with the right supporting elements means accuracy). they can also support higher rates of fire (although at the expense of range/accuracy if you try to push too far down that route). most hpa systems also suppress well too which means popping a foam filled can on the front of your gun will actually make it quieter.

the disadvantages of course are the price, the complex setup, the air-line and tank (which is not cheap, light, or convenient for ambidextrous use), the constant chasing after refills (ok if your main site does them but otherwise you're gonna need to buy a dive tank and fill adapter), and the constant hatred of everyone you meet who will instantly assume that because you're running an hpa you've dialed your reg up to 600fps the moment you walked out onto the field.

in terms of alternatives it would be much more sensible to look at either the polarstar F2, or the wolverine line of systems. these can offer much of what the fusion engine does, with the added benefit of much easier tuning/setup (at least with less disassembly needed) and less expense. plus you can swap them into different platforms where the fusion engine will lock you down to either a V2 or V3 only platform.

ultimately it's up to you if you think all the work is worth it for what you get, because for a fact i can point out that it won't equal getting more kills in-game, i can do just as well with my jg aksu as my Fusion engined m4.

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@Adolf Hamster I take it you don't work in sales 😂

not for polarstar or umbrella armouries no :P

don't get me wrong, i love my hpa's and when well setup it's hard to beat the plastic slinging performance of an F2/FE. but at the same time i believe it's important for folk to know exactly what they're letting themselves in for.

Oh I agree for sure, a lot of people diving into big builds without prior experience, saw another thread of which @Sitting Duck replied too at length RE some big build with questionable choices.

I say without prior experience because there seems to be a lot of new users / 1st time posters here of late involved in big or potentially expensive builds, especially if they chew it up or give up on it... either way manufacturers coining in and keeping them going so crack on 😂

Archived