Looking for Help/Advice on Customization for M4

Luke-1418
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I recently brough the M4 in the pic Below and I'm wondering if anybody knows how easy it would be to customize it to look like the other pic (colour wise)

20200128_162534.jpg

Screenshot_2019-09-25-20-02-53.png

• Supporters

off topic i know but what in satan's unholy name is that stock on the second one down!? :blink:

as for customising, yes it's an m4, you can do it properly and replace everything that's red with it's not red equivalent, or you can just take off those bits and spray paint it.

if you want to have the same shape as the second pic though then you'll be replacing not only all the red bits but enough of the external parts that you might as well have just bought that gun in the first place.

as for easy that's a relative term, compared to doing the same thing to a non-m4 it's very easy as the parts you need will be readily available.

23 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

off topic i know but what in satan's unholy name is that stock on the second one down!? :blink:

as for customising, yes it's an m4, you can do it properly and replace everything that's red with it's not red equivalent, or you can just take off those bits and spray paint it.

if you want to have the same shape as the second pic though then you'll be replacing not only all the red bits but enough of the external parts that you might as well have just bought that gun in the first place.

as for easy that's a relative term, compared to doing the same thing to a non-m4 it's very easy as the parts you need will be readily available.

Thanks Alot, Only looking for the easier ways to get the colours l, might take the parts out and spray, definitely not the stock 🤣🤣🤣

That's the G&G Arp9 dress-up kit.

https://gunfire.com/en/products/super-ranger-dress-up-kit-for-arp9-replicas-fire-1152222902.html

https://gunfire.com/en/products/super-ranger-dress-up-kit-for-arp9-replicas-sky-1152222905.html

spacer.png
I wouldn't advise spaying parts. To get that anodised look you have to do it in several stages and it's very easy to make it look bad.

Typically you'd look for a lifelike chrome/metal paint. These are often a series of paints with a special primer that gets over-sprayed with a chemical coating that turns them to a pure chrome effect. Then you would overspray that with a red candy gloss coat. The actual chrome part of the system is a silver solution that deposits a layer of metal on the primer, Rather than painting it.

If you try to spray metallic paint then the effect is very dependant on spray angle and fleck size. If you change the spray angle between coats then the effect is lost and the candy coat looks really poor. It's the same reason a metallic paint job on a car that gets damaged can write off a car in a scrape, The paint is far more technical in application to get a perfect finish that looks right. Metallic paint generally lacks the pop brightness of anodised finishes.

There are chrome paints that have micro flecks, or no fleck at all, but these tend to have weak adhesion properties. You would typically prime in gloss, and then seal the paint after the fact.

If you were adamant on painting then I would go with a very high gloss black primer, Followed by Alclad II chrome, And sealed with Tamiya Clear red gloss. With perhaps a second clear gloss sealing finish. It would need to be airbrushed to get the correct effect.

Archived