TM Hard Kick Desert Eagle

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was there an earlier version of this without the hard kick, or is it an old design?

Are there any cons associated with the build of this pistol, apart from the plastic exterior? Does it stand up to medium power green gas?

I know it isn't regarded as a good choice for skirmishing, because of its huge size, but do you think it would be enjoyable to use for plinking at paper targets?

I'm thinking it will be preferable in terms of reliability and performance to the newer all metal WE version. Am I wrong?

The internal safety block can crack, I've had to replace one but that was on one with a metal guarder kit so that probably caused it. I think most people use green gas with their stock desert eagles without issue except maybe in the summer.

I have no experience of the WE one so cant comment on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran one for a year or so. I installed a 6.01 PDI barrel and ran it on green gas. Approx 330FPS, with a lovely hard kick, extra weight and loud bang compared to my other pistols......but it was difficult to get a decent holster (back then anyway), the mags were a strange shape for most standard pistol mag pouches. It's also rather large and unwieldy, even for me with large hands.

Why I got rid of it was my MK23 SOCOM had the same power, but better range and better accuracy for outdoor play. I was having frustrations double-tapping indoors due to the increased kick and kind of trigger pull. Outdoors, I found the kick was throwing my ranged follow-up shots off target, whereas I was able to make the small adjustments needed a lot easier with my P226 E2 and G17 and double-tapping was far quicker, easier and more accurate.

Basically, it looks good and can be fun, but the novelty of the kick and large intimidating aesthetics soon wear off and you'll probably want a 9mm replica soon enough, as they're just easier to live with.

My advice is try before you buy and if you can play a game with one, before diving in an purchasing, as they're not for everybody.

Archived