Calling AK anoraks

Davegolf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For Real sword, only the Type 56 has the rear receiver stock tang but it does not have the two indents/cut as shown on your first picture, as for E&L I have seen only just the AKM, AK74 with the rear receiver stock tang.

Also, both Real Sword and E&L also have a rear metal protrusion (see picture) where the stocks slot over for added strength and also on RS t56 a pathway for rear wires stock

Capture.PNG

13 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hi, thanks very much for that, so many AK variables!

Do you know what dimension batteries you can fit into the full wood stock pictured?

The AK pictured is an E&l AK74 so they don't do rear wired battery stocks they come from the factory wired for under the top receiver cover on top of the gearbox so stick batteries or small lipos only, you could rear wire it but you will have to hollow out the E&L rear stock and that a lot of effort.

Alternatively could buy an LCT AK74 they are rear wired or just buy the LCT AK74 wood stock on its own, and just rear wire the E&L gearbox but you will have two different colour variants on the wood as E&L have a Russian red finish on the wood and LCT has the orange iodine finish.

Real Sword Type 56 from the factory has both rear wired stock and wired for under the top receiver cover best of both worlds.

Cheers again, I have an LCT at the mo, not overly impressed with the fit and finish, I know people say RS is the shiz, I really dig quality externals and even more so fit and assembly, so that takedown feels like an engineered pleasure not wrestling a chiwanese rep.

Is RS or E&L that much better, and which if so over my LCT?

1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

Is RS or E&L that much better, and which if so over my LCT?

Well if you want the best quality externals currently for the AK/ Variant of the AK AEG wise then Real Sword, in my opinion, is the best there is no other contender currently that I have held and used personally when I compare them to my RS collection, none can compete. 1-1 dimensions full steel which is blued on the Type 56 series.

Some cite that the RS internals are somewhat dated when compared with modern advancements but they are simple, strong, reliable and effective.

E&L is a good choice an excellent base platform to build on top of if you are tech-minded as it all standard V3 parts, external wise they are a little ruffer around the edges but it is an AK so that expected they do have a tendency to rust quickly if not oiled regularly.

Here is a topic that discusses the pros and cons of RS E&l and LCT amongst others:

I hear my theme music being played...

I have owned all the major brands of AK - RS, E&L, LCT and GHK.  Real Sword externals are excellent but not a major step above LCT and E&L, I would say E&L externals are better than LCT but they do rust.  They are just as good.  Internally probably better.  Real Sword AKs also seem to have a persistent issue with feeding of BBs, happened in mine and I have seen it in others.  For the price difference stick to E&L or LCT.  Also, bear in mind that the RS receiver is ever so slightly different length than an E&L or LCT so may prove an issue with aftermarket gearboxes etc if you are planning on switching out any internals.

Re the question about receivers.  As Sniper said, that receiver type is common where you have a fixed stock a la AKM.  Where there is a folding stock or underfolder it will be a different type of receiver and lack the stock tang.  The exception to this is the Romanian AIMs style side folder which has the same type of receiver tang as the one you showed.  I have, for instance, replaced my GHK AKM wood stock with a GHK AIMs stock and it slots straight in.

Any other q's?

Realswords have proprietary gearboxes, this is so they fit in a real steel sized body. 

I have had nothing but good experience of realsword. Know people who have had the type 56s and an SVD, and I own a type 97. 

They are relatively basic I.e they don't come with an etu or a last round stop but they are very well made. 

Archived