Jump to content
BibbsOnTour

Showing you got a 'kill' in a video

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

Yeah they're definitely a contender for me.

 

I do really like the little peq box that Jet runs with the two cameras in it (selfie and zoom cam)... IIRC it's made by BrainXploder but can't remember much else about it, would assume it'll be fairly pricy though

the scopecam is impact resistant + zoom as it's built for airsoft they are the same cameras that jet uses just an airsoft shell on them from the manufacturer with a rail mount etc. 

 

I think the selfie cam is the least important one and only really useful if your trying to be a personality so people see who you are. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2019 at 13:51, Musica said:

the scopecam is impact resistant + zoom as it's built for airsoft they are the same cameras that jet uses just an airsoft shell on them from the manufacturer with a rail mount etc. 

 

I think the selfie cam is the least important one and only really useful if your trying to be a personality so people see who you are. 

 

 

 

 

 

ohhh right ok!

 

Yeah true, I was thinking more for the variety of angles but I guess that's another reason 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2019 at 13:30, Musica said:

 

If I was getting a zoom camera I'd get https://www.flyingtech.co.uk/fpv-camera-gimbals/runcam-scope-cam-airsoft-security-25mm-35mm-50mm 35mm for regular  AEG engagement  25mm for CQB  but honestly at this point head cameras or regular cameras are just as fine, 50mm for snipers. 

I have a 50mm one of these and a 35mm, they're great cameras. Runcam do a 4K version now as well, although 4K seems like over kill to me and it doesn't come with the same casing I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video was good, although at times, I have to admit I skipped until the next section. Not because it was boring, because I could just hear a gun and someone saying hit every now and then couldnt really see much of anything. 

 

The metallic ding, whilst it didnt detract from the video, sometimes I did question whether i'd heard a BB bounce off of something like the bus or the low loader or if it was a hit as it wasn't very distinctive maybe, as Pricse says, add a kill count at the bottom as well as the ding to make it more obvious thats the "kill" sound. It was quite hard to see where the BB's were going (yes I know there was the red dot that you put on), so I would suggest some slow motion footage or perhaps some zoomed in footage for a shot thats further away. 

I didnt quite understand some of the personal/in your group jokes but thats nothing major, just a thought. 

 

Also, I would turn up your microphone when your recording audio and try to eliminate whatever background noise is going on using Audacity. Not sure what mic youre using though so it could also be the microphone. 

 

Please take this as constructive criticism, as I know how much of a pain it is to edit Airsoft videos and get them right. Just a few simple suggestions that don't really add too much time in the editing room. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2019 at 23:31, Robert James said:

Video was good, although at times, I have to admit I skipped until the next section. Not because it was boring, because I could just hear a gun and someone saying hit every now and then couldnt really see much of anything. 

 

The metallic ding, whilst it didnt detract from the video, sometimes I did question whether i'd heard a BB bounce off of something like the bus or the low loader or if it was a hit as it wasn't very distinctive maybe, as Pricse says, add a kill count at the bottom as well as the ding to make it more obvious thats the "kill" sound. It was quite hard to see where the BB's were going (yes I know there was the red dot that you put on), so I would suggest some slow motion footage or perhaps some zoomed in footage for a shot thats further away. 

I didnt quite understand some of the personal/in your group jokes but thats nothing major, just a thought. 

 

Also, I would turn up your microphone when your recording audio and try to eliminate whatever background noise is going on using Audacity. Not sure what mic youre using though so it could also be the microphone. 

 

Please take this as constructive criticism, as I know how much of a pain it is to edit Airsoft videos and get them right. Just a few simple suggestions that don't really add too much time in the editing room. 

Thanks Rob!

 

When watching it back at times I did think to myself that more needs to be going on but there's many ways to improve that so I'll work on that on the field and in editing!

 

Will look into the kill counts etc when I come to edit next video... Also, further to previous comments I think a scope cam/zoom cam is well in order re some hits being tough to make out.

 

Inside jokes were in there plainly because I know my audience is really small at the moment with majority of it being friends through Instagram so that was aimed towards them but I totally get where you're coming from on that!

 

Background noise: already removed the majority of it... trust me... I ran a couple of background noise removal thingies in both Audacity and Audition just to see which one worked better and there was not much in it, by the time it was all gone I had also started losing bits of my dialogue so I had to settle for a happy (and slightly fuzzy) medium... may as well be sat in a small portacabin just off a runway at Heathrow with my PC haha... I think some quieter fans will be on then shopping list if I'm going to start doing this seriously!😂

 

And honestly, this sort of thing is exactly what I was looking for mate! The more nit picky you are the better!

 

Thanks again 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BibbsOnTour said:

Thanks Rob!

 

When watching it back at times I did think to myself that more needs to be going on but there's many ways to improve that so I'll work on that on the field and in editing!

 

Will look into the kill counts etc when I come to edit next video... Also, further to previous comments I think a scope cam/zoom cam is well in order re some hits being tough to make out.

 

Inside jokes were in there plainly because I know my audience is really small at the moment with majority of it being friends through Instagram so that was aimed towards them but I totally get where you're coming from on that!

 

Background noise: already removed the majority of it... trust me... I ran a couple of background noise removal thingies in both Audacity and Audition just to see which one worked better and there was not much in it, by the time it was all gone I had also started losing bits of my dialogue so I had to settle for a happy (and slightly fuzzy) medium... may as well be sat in a small portacabin just off a runway at Heathrow with my PC haha... I think some quieter fans will be on then shopping list if I'm going to start doing this seriously!😂

 

And honestly, this sort of thing is exactly what I was looking for mate! The more nit picky you are the better!

 

Thanks again 😁

Depending on your microphone you can adjust the gain on it, or through the settings for your mic. I've got a blue yeti which I had to change the gain on the mic and then change the audio recording to high. Pain in the butt, but most of my audio when I'd done that was great. I now have a razer sieren and that's a lot easier as it's a condenser mic I believe. 

 

It's also good to have settings on your mic i.e multi directional or Omni directional etc as these features allow for better audio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/10/2019 at 19:47, Robert James said:

Depending on your microphone you can adjust the gain on it, or through the settings for your mic. I've got a blue yeti which I had to change the gain on the mic and then change the audio recording to high. Pain in the butt, but most of my audio when I'd done that was great. I now have a razer sieren and that's a lot easier as it's a condenser mic I believe. 

 

It's also good to have settings on your mic i.e multi directional or Omni directional etc as these features allow for better audio

I have the Sieren! Set up properly... Just very loud fans 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, BibbsOnTour said:

I have the Sieren! Set up properly... Just very loud fans 😂

Christ. At least you know what you're doing and where you're going wrong with the audio though. Pc fans or literal fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Christ. At least you know what you're doing and where you're going wrong with the audio though. Pc fans or literal fans

PC fans. I made sure to turn off my actual fan beforehand...😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...