Spring upgrade expectation from M110 to M130(140?)

MrInfernal
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys, 

I just bought Specna Arms Edge series gun, particularly SA-E06. It has M110 base spring and it does about 390fmps(120m/s) with 0.2g BBs. Wich is not tragic but it's way underpowered for my usual field limit at 490fps(150m/s).

So I want to definitely upgrade the spring, I know that Specna Arms claim that their gearbox(called Orion, yay) can handle M140 spring but I'm not sure if I should rather settle with M130 wich could do according to my calculations about 450fps(138m/s) or try M140 spring that should yield about 490fps(149m/s) but Im not sure if its worth the risk to stress the gearbox and gears too much and maybe go too hot on fps if the powers scales little more than expected. 

Thanks for the insight.

27 minutes ago, MrInfernal said:

Hello guys, 

I just bought Specna Arms Edge series gun, particularly SA-E06. It has M110 base spring and it does about 390fmps(120m/s) with 0.2g BBs. Wich is not tragic but it's way underpowered for my usual field limit at 490fps(150m/s).

So I want to definitely upgrade the spring, I know that Specna Arms claim that their gearbox(called Orion, yay) can handle M140 spring but I'm not sure if I should rather settle with M130 wich could do according to my calculations about 450fps(138m/s) or try M140 spring that should yield about 490fps(149m/s) but Im not sure if its worth the risk to stress the gearbox and gears too much and maybe go too hot on fps if the powers scales little more than expected. 

Thanks for the insight.

Are you from the UK?

15 minutes ago, MrInfernal said:

Luckily not :)

Not sure we can help you mate.  The UK legal limit for a airsoft gun capable of full auto is 1.3j (370fps on a 0.20g BB)

So we don't really tinker past that. 

What ever upgrading you do to increase fps I'd concentrate on the air seal first . Then once that's perfect then choose your spring. This way you put the least strain on the gear box to achieve your result. 

Archived