First Gun Advice

Boru321
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello to all those reading,

I have a budget of around £250 for the gun alone. As I live in the UK the FPS is going to be limited to 330 and I am looking for an AEG. I don't have any experience with the mechanics of the guns so I am trying to find a good stock gun that I only need to make minor adjustments to. 

I have a friend who swears by his APS phantom extremis MK8. I have, however, only found negative reviews of the APS. So, if anyone has any experience with the more recent APS Extremis MKs, what are your thoughts on them?

I have read good things about Specna Arms and I am currently interested in their SA-V26-M Assault Rifle Replica - Red Edition. Please find the link here - https://gunfire.com/en/products/sa-v26-m-assault-rifle-replica-red-edition-1152223878.html

Does this seem like a good gun for the price?

I am also considering the G&G Raider series.

Any advice would be great on the aforementioned weapons or any recommendations for other AEGs around £250.

Thank you for reading and any help is appreciated.  

• Supporters

Ahoy and welcome.

First, most sites will allow up to 350fps / 1.13J. But then again, any fps quoted by a retailer will just be approximate.  330 / 1J is fine.

Yes, we're liking the Specna Arms, although bear in mind that you're paying for the visuals on that model.  Barrel length isn't really that important in airsoft, and any of the cheaper EDGE series will perform just as well.  They're selling out pretty fast at PatrolBase.

We also like G&G Raiders - they perform well for the money.  The cheaper ones are made of a very nice plastic that's light and strong, and you won't be outgunned much if at all by any other stock AEG at twice or three times the price.

You shouldn't go far wrong with either. It's really up to you how much you want to spend, bearing in mind that there's loads of other daft stuff that you could be wasting your money on: batteries, a decent B6 charger, optics, mags, heavy BBs for woodland, BFGs for CQB.

For a first gun you can't go wrong with a specna arms edge series and your budget covers all of them but I haven't seen anything about the specific gun you mentioned.

The G&G ARP9 is also a popular choice within budget.

Now you've said your budget for 250 just for your gun but aegs need batteries and batteries need a charger or they won't work.

They also need bbs and if your getting a specna edge you need a speed loader to load the magazines (or buy a high cap instead of a speedloader and use the high cap instead)

I would keep £100 for all of this extra kit.

• Supporters

Best advice I could give ? Don’t ask on here ! OR any other forum/Facebook group or what ever !

what gun to get is totally subjective , one players opinion gun A is the ‘bestest ever !’ But to the next guy gun A is the worst piece of shit ever made ! 

Your best bet is look at a few (not all as you probably will have a meltdown at the amount !) retailers sites decide what you like the look off do a LOT of research

then go to your nearest ‘decent’ site (not a 16 lads running around a farmers wood type site) with a good number of players have a look around and  then politely ask if there gun is X,Y,Z gun the player has and what do they think of it ?

Just remember opinions are like arseholes , everyone has one , some times there clean , but most times there full of shit ! 👍

Archived