interferance

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Haha yeah there is that

Interferance should be in the form adjusting the teams to ensure one side is not stacked with regulars which is generally when the bloodbath happens.  I've found regulars at a site don't really have an issue with this as ultimately it lends itself to promoting the sport, after all if you have a load of newbies in tracksuits with hire guns getting slammed by veteran players then they won't be back in a hurry. 

I'm not a fan of moving players or 'killing them off' just so that the game can flow.  Holding your position against waves of attackers is just one of the moments that makes airsoft what it is and I've yet to play at a site where bottle-necks are completely unbeatable, as generally what it takes is a regular who knows the site to advise his team of other options, or failing that sh*t loads of pyro!

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Northman said:

I'm not a fan of moving players or 'killing them off' just so that the game can flow.  Holding your position against waves of attackers is just one of the moments that makes airsoft what it is and I've yet to play at a site where bottle-necks are completely unbeatable, as generally what it takes is a regular who knows the site to advise his team of other options, or failing that sh*t loads of pyro!

agreed, no fightable position is completely foolproof, there's always an angle where you can get someone, even if it means a bit of teamwork.

the position that inspired the starting of this thread for example is easily taken out the moment you realise that nettles wont stop bb's if you use enough of them and what cover there is isn't that useful. plus there are easy ways to sneak past without being spotted even if most of the play area is quite well covered.

of course it's a lot more useful when the angles you cant see from are covered by team mates in other positions, but then that's called putting up a good defensive line and is kind of the point of the game.

• Supporters

It's completely anathema to the competitive sporting aspect of this realistic military simulation.

[Changes battery in toy plastic gun, winds hi-cap]

Archived