dye masks

Musica
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After all the straps of my lower mask my goggles and then my hat I've been thinking about a dye mask throw it on and go but they cover your ears ( a blessing and a curse) 

Would any type of ear defenders / radios be able to work with the dye masks?

• Supporters

I have a Dye i4 mask (as you can see in my profile pic) which is probably the best mask and eye pro i have ever used.

I have been through quite a few goggles trying to find the one which works for me and didn't fog up, the best so far has been the Dye.

I would recommend the i4 over the i5 as due to the large crank wheel on the back strap of the i5 it may make wearing a helmet difficult where as the i4 its a simple strap.

Before i owned the i4 i used to used a pair of Z-Tac Comtac IIs, frankly it was a faff to don the goggles, mesh mask, helmet with headset then have to adjust everything, everytime.

I then got the Dye i4 and it was quickly noticed that the Comtacs were very uncomfortable with the i4.

I then down graded to the Z-Tac BOWMAN III headset and it was better but that has its own issues.

Best solution was to jury rig the whole thing.

I broke the Z-Tac BOWMAN IIIs into its base component parts (mic, ear speaker, wires) and basically hot glued it directly into the Dye i4 Mask.

Now its just a matter of mask on, connect headset to PTT, helmet on and go!

I have attached some pictures showing how i rigged the headset into the mask, normally the ear speaker is tucked under the strap.

Also as a tip, if you want to wear the Dye i4 with a helmet you either have to do a lot of modding to the helmet or just ensure that the front lip of the helmet has a material thickness of 2.55mm or less, anything thicker than that ( i think the normal is 6mm) is too much and you'll have to take padding out of the helmet.

3.jpg

20180624_003957.jpg

20180624_004018.jpg

good to know I wouldn't have to ditch coms if I wanted them.

Seems like getting hearing protection (cut off over 90DB etc) won't be feasible with a dye mask.

Thanks so much for your post with the pictures as well to show. It looks like a very nicely DIY'd system.

• Supporters

I had one (dye i4) didn’t like it at all , found you can’t sight down your if using iron sights AND Most of my other sights as well . 

So me I think it’s impractical for airsoft and I wouldn’t recommend one .

Archived