Cant close M16A4

aquestr
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I dissassembled it without taking the gearbox out, just wanted to check the hop up. I tried to reassemble it but the upper and lower wont quite fit, they are almost close but cant close it. I even tried to close it without the barrel, annoying bolt catch, and the charging handle, but even without these pieces it wont close. Could you help me? Here is a pic:

IMG-20190127-201313.jpg
Thanks

Edit: its a King Arms with a "functional" bolt catch, tho I removed it for this.

Assuming nothing is obstructing it then my G&P takes a lot of force to align before I drive the locking bolt through. A three hand job (especially as it has one of the nasty 3 part bolts).

• Supporters

pull the charging handle back a bit, it catches on the king arms one, then you need to make sure you press the back of the upper down as the alignment tabs need to be under the lower reciever.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Immortal said:

Same principle as the G&P (purely as an exmaple) I mentioned too. 👍

yeah most ar pattern guns have something similar going on.

the split pins are annoying as hell to get in but they are worth it if you don't like the upper wobbling.

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

the split pins are annoying as hell to get in but they are worth it if you don't like the upper wobbling. 

Oh I wondered why they made them like that. Thank you for enlightening me! 👍 I will stop cursing them now. lol :lol:

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Oh I wondered why they made them like that. Thank you for enlightening me! 👍 I will stop cursing them now. lol :lol:

yeah, it's a common problem and the split pin is the only system i've seen truly eliminate it. ofc on the real ar it's not any kind of problem because the barrel, bolt and sights are all securely mounted to the upper so it doesn't matter of the lower wobbles a bit.

I managed to do it. The problem seems to be that the fitting is extremely tight so I beveled it a bit so it would carry it to its place instead of smashing the 90 degree angle against the other 90º degree angle. It seems to work.

Archived