CYMA P90 full upgrade - Finished... For now...

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Davegolf said:

That's a good effort and job well done if youve got an effective range of 60M at sub 350 :)

Give yourself a pat on the back for sure, Its nice when the hard work pays off!

Are the midcaps MAG brand?

Ive never had feed issues with those.

Cheers!

The Midcaps are Mag brand. The springs inside them are simply too strong and causes jams until bedded in. This is often discussed on forums. Some say to oil the spring, I am just going to wait until they are used over an extended time. 

• 1 month later...

Love this build and it is pretty similar to what I have just done with my gun. However I didnt change the motor or the gears and havent got round to getting the hop up.  I also get the piston stopping in different positions, I think it is when firing in full auto it does it most.

Have you had any trouble with the cut off lever? After putting in the new spring piston set and shimming the gears it totally lost the semi auto, Saw someone recomending to bend the cut off lever up slightly which worked perfectly. However after an evening of playing it kept randomly firing full auto or 3 round bursts before cutting off. I Bent the cut off lever again but this time it snapped so have just bought a replacement and again the gun is working semi auto.
Just wondered if you have had the same problem as it seems to be a common issue with the version 6 gearbox.

2 hours ago, Crispy1610 said:

Love this build and it is pretty similar to what I have just done with my gun. However I didnt change the motor or the gears and havent got round to getting the hop up.  I also get the piston stopping in different positions, I think it is when firing in full auto it does it most.

Have you had any trouble with the cut off lever? After putting in the new spring piston set and shimming the gears it totally lost the semi auto, Saw someone recomending to bend the cut off lever up slightly which worked perfectly. However after an evening of playing it kept randomly firing full auto or 3 round bursts before cutting off. I Bent the cut off lever again but this time it snapped so have just bought a replacement and again the gun is working semi auto.
Just wondered if you have had the same problem as it seems to be a common issue with the version 6 gearbox.

Never had an issue with my CO lever to be fair. I am glad I haven't as I would have just chucked everything in the bin if I had another issue! 

Good to look out for though if I come across a spare somewhere. I do need to grab that new gearbox shell soon as well. 

Really what other issues have you had? Or just the ones mentioned in the thread? Anything to do preventative maintenance on?

They are readily available 10-15 for a JG one. If this wears quickly I may be tempted by a cnc one at 25ish. I just dipped the entire gearbox end of the CO lever in grease to hopefully stop it wearing. 

Archived