M4 fitting question

Seany.exe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I'm having issues getting the gearbox to fit in properly.

Bought a box of bits a while back from here, basically a build it yourself deal.

It's a G&G gearbox, got that all put together and went to put it together and it won't go into the m4 lower, it's an A&K metal receiver and the gearbox just gets stuck. I've made a post to see if anyone has any old parts laying around that would fit the gearbox but is it possible to take a dremel to the lower that i have to try to make it fit? I think there's some tabs or something blocking the gearbox from going in. Anyone experience this before? I assumed all m4s would fit unless they had that blowback stuff?

I'll get some pics up when i get home. I just wanted a cheap project lol :(

• Supporters

Not trying to be funny or anything, but are you sure your putting it in correctly? 

Reason I ask is I had a receiver (can’t remember brand) that would only let me put the gearbox in motor end first, and then the front would slide down and all would be good. If you tried doing it nozzle end first it would get stuck.

Not only this but do A&K receivers have that thing with the fire selector where it has to be between semi and safe to move in and out? 

Otherwise, no idea, but watching closely to see if anyone else does!

Mkay had a bit of a play when i got home, I think i've cracked it. I think whats happening is it's getting stuck on the bearing under the selector plate. The bearings stick out of the gearbox slightly and maybe the reciever was not meant to have these (although there is a cut out on the selector plate for the bearing and it's not bending outwards on the gearbox)

I did manage to get the gearbox in with a bit of force, admittedly more than i would like, also would only do full auto/safe. I'm thinking if i take a dremel to the other side of the lower where these three tabs are opposite the fire selector it might free up enough room to insert/remove the gearbox without issue?

Pics:

1st pic is where it was getting stuck, 2nd shows the three tabs I mean.

What do you guys think?

IMG_20181031_082712.jpg

IMG_20181031_082833.jpg

• Supporters

There are selector plates that are thinner above that bearing. Bigger bearings protrude more than normal ones.

If you dremel the lower, the GB will sit in an angle and that will screw up the accuracy. Plus, probably the selector won't work either, it needs to move freely.

7 hours ago, Samurai said:

There are selector plates that are thinner above that bearing.

Aye that's what i meant. Words fail me sometimes haha.   So I finally managed to get it in, have to move the selector about to move it around the bearings but eventually it fits in no dremel required. These M4s are fiddly AF. Now I just gotta get myself a barrel and bucking. Thinking of a ML crazy jet.

Archived