whats all the hate for riot shields?

Adolf Hamster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Out of curiosity what do you guys/girls think about a smaller shield like a captain america sized one?
Do you think it should have lighter restrictions than a bigger one?

(I am thinking of doing a Captain America loadout and want public opinion on the shield usage)

• Supporters

Personally, overall it's a no there's too much bad usage, grey areas etc.  Never say never, but generally they don't work out well and that's even a site owned bit of kit with rules set by the site.

I've also never myself played any site that allowed folks to just turn up with their own shields, seems pretty absurd to be if I'm honest.  Literally anywhere else on your body you get hit is a hit, be it square in the face or the very tip of a loose strap dangling from your gear (in theory).  You can put all the weight of real armour plates in a vest if you like it doesn't make any difference to chest hits on the plate, so carrying your own shield (i.e. the projectile protection of choice a long time ago) and having that shield magically different to modern armour (which is very commonly used these days to stop real bullets, unlike shields)... doesn't make sense.  I know some folks might see it other ways but that is my standpoint.

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Out of curiosity what do you guys/girls think about a smaller shield like a captain america sized one?
Do you think it should have lighter restrictions than a bigger one?imageproxy.php?img=&key=8a6dfc3cbec528b1imageproxy.php?img=&key=8a6dfc3cbec528b1imageproxy.php?img=&key=8a6dfc3cbec528b1
(I am thinking of doing a Captain America loadout and want public opinion on the shield usage)

Me personally I’d happily allow it if you were doing a Capt America loadout , his mighty sheild is bullet proof after all , he’s not (just a bit more resistant than you or me) so a hit to any where else will count but  if your willing to run around as the cap I’d applaud you for it ! 👍

Archived