WE Sigs

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If you have medium sized hands is the E2 version of the P226 to be preferred?

Or was it created for those with smaller hands?

Is there an argument that the compact versions (p228/229) are more manageable? Do they have similar performance to the 226 or is velocity lower? Are they as reliable?

I’ve got larger hands, don’t have the E2, but the P226R. It’s perfect and built like a tank.

• Supporters

i have the regular old 226 and whilst my hands are large i have stubby cornish fingers and i can work it just fine.

it'll feel a bit chunk compared to say a 1911 but perfectly manageable.

if you're not sure why not head to a local shop and handle one? get a feel for it in the flesh.

I've tried both and the E2 has the smaller, more comfortable grip, allowing a higher hold, than either the standard or the compact model. 

I also tried the fns-9, which I always thought was ugly, but it felt very good in the hand a bit like the cz75. So worth trying them out.

The 226 E2 was designed for slightly smaller hands, but not so much that average hands would be uncomfortable.

I'm a glove size 8/9 and either type of sig is comfortable for me. 

• 6 months later...

I have a SIG 226 early version, I actually went for it as it felt better in my hands than the Hi-capa and 1911 type GBBP's did.  I found the 1911's and Hi-capas a bit fat in the grip and couldn't reach the mag release without turning my hand on the grip to make my thumb reach further forward.  Didn't need to do that with the SIG.  It did have some reliability issues when I first bought it though but the shop have spent some time on it and it works fine for the most part now (doesn't like being cold though so I use hand warmer to gently heat it up between uses). 

Archived