Used Nuprol Delta AK21 CQB - Should I buy?

SnowRoll
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

OK Just found @Sitting Duck's post regarding the FFR A2. Shame I didn't consult here prior to ordering, I thought all CM16s are internally the same...

Anyway, as the order (with patrolbase) is still being processed, I guess I can still contact them and change it.

Are you guys adamant that it's a bad choice?

As I mentioned, I'm after a short-ish version of an M4 for my son.

Should I just change my order to the Firehawk? Is it not too short? No sacrifice in terms of range/accuracy?

• Supporters

Dunno, that ETU bee is buzzing around in Sitting Duck's bonnet.  I'd drop him a message about it.

Any BB with the same fps and spin is going to travel the same distance. Once it's through the chrono, it doesn't know or care how long the barrel was.

Accuracy, well, maybe.  However, I've been genuinely surprised by the accuracy I'm getting out of the 110mm sloppy-bore barrel in my MP5K.  I got it as a cheap secondary just for lulz and assumed it wouldn't be usable as a primary in woodland, but it's confounded my expectations.  I've seen a few folk running Firehawks with a similar barrel length successfully as well.

If you do find yourself hankering for something longer, you can throw a suppressor and a longer inner barrel on. It only takes a few minutes to swap barrels on an M4, so you won't be wedded to the stock one.

The ETU models can suffer a bit as G&G's ETUs are meant to be flaky. 

Didn't he like the Raider-S in the link Roger posted?

17 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Dunno, that ETU bee is buzzing around in Sitting Duck's bonnet.  I'd drop him a message about it.

Any BB with the same fps and spin is going to travel the same distance. Once it's through the chrono, it doesn't know or care how long the barrel was.

Accuracy, well, maybe.  However, I've been genuinely surprised by the accuracy I'm getting out of the 110mm sloppy-bore barrel in my MP5K.  I got it as a cheap secondary just for lulz and assumed it wouldn't be usable as a primary in woodland, but it's confounded my expectations.  I've seen a few folk running Firehawks with a similar barrel length successfully as well.

If you do find yourself hankering for something longer, you can throw a suppressor and a longer inner barrel on. It only takes a few minutes to swap barrels on an M4, so you won't be wedded to the stock one.

Thanks for the info. I contacted patrolbase and asked them to change the order to the Firehawk. As you suggested, I'll probably change the barrel sometime in the future. 

11 minutes ago, MisterG said:

The ETU models can suffer a bit as G&G's ETUs are meant to be flaky. 

Didn't he like the Raider-S in the link Roger posted?

He did, but wasn't completely convinced. It's the big variety that makes it confusing and difficult to decide. 

I like the retro look of the A sight, and it was cheaper,. but as @Rogerborg often says, the heart wants what it wants.

Cheers

G

• Supporters

Just saying the ETU " can " be a bit problematic

Some have worked fine out of box on 7.4v & 8.4v's etc....

but perhaps not many on 7.4v - most need 11.1v to stand a good chance of working well

Even then "some" people have had to replace the unit(s) - usually the 3 rnd mosfet

(the odd one had to replace ETU trigger switch unit)

When it works - it works very well, but it has been know to suffer some reliability issues

G&G make Raider 2.0 without ETU & 2.0e with ETU

CM18 was/is one of my favourites but is about 4 years old or so, bit like a quieter big brother of the FH

(not exactly cheap starter, mid cap, funny flash hider, still big white CM logo on side like old Combat Machines)

not all recent models had the ETU fitted

like the CM15 KR CQB & think they did a HoneyBadger CM15 PDW CQB gun which wasn't exactly cheap without ETU

I'm not here to purposely slag off G&G's ETU

(if it fails - you will be doing your own slagging off yourself)

Ahem - but when it works it works very well - just it is one of those things that "can" for "some" have issues perhaps

If you are buying your first and likely your only gun for the moment

it is probably wise to consider getting something that is likely to do what it says on the tin

straight forward tried tested that should stand you in good stead to get feet wet without too much hassle/issues

There is no perfect gun - maybe the Raider 2.0 or the CM15 KR might be very good recent models to get atm

But I haven't got one to rip to shreds and I would moan about something - miserable sod am I

End of the day almost any G&G starter gun will be a good consideration

(yes even an ETU gun - just keep your fingers crossed or be aware of its issues for "some")

I'm not a G&G hater - far from it, but at same time I'm no G&G fan boy either

Still make good guns - especially the starters, some higher guns may not dominate the £250~£300 gun market

(Krytac/VFC kick G&G's ar$e in the higher end bracket)

But G&G starters are still highly recommended as is the advice of not trying to save £30~£50 or so buying cheap guns

(JBBG do not sell quality AEG's despite what that chubby liar tries to push as fantastic feel the quality crap)

Have fun with your new toy gun & ATB sir

42 minutes ago, SnowRoll said:

Thanks for the info. I contacted patrolbase and asked them to change the order to the Firehawk. As you suggested, I'll probably change the barrel sometime in the future. 

He did, but wasn't completely convinced. It's the big variety that makes it confusing and difficult to decide. 

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

yup the range of G&G M4's is quite big, meaning there is bound to be one even a M4 hater could warm to

alas picking just one is a bit difficult but if one model is out of stock, there should be another close alternative model

(even then picking just two possible models can be tricky too)

Easily solved - buy more guns and try to tell missus yeah I'm selling one of the others

(yeah Mrs Duck doesn't even respond to that BS any more, I'm just banned from buying any more - can't blame her though)

19 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

Just saying the ETU " can " be a bit problematic

Some have worked fine out of box on 7.4v & 8.4v's etc....

but perhaps not many on 7.4v - most need 11.1v to stand a good chance of working well

Even then "some" people have had to replace the unit(s) - usually the 3 rnd mosfet

(the odd one had to replace ETU trigger switch unit)

When it works - it works very well, but it has been know to suffer some reliability issues

G&G make Raider 2.0 without ETU & 2.0e with ETU

CM18 was/is one of my favourites but is about 4 years old or so, bit like a quieter big brother of the FH

(not exactly cheap starter, mid cap, funny flash hider, still big white CM logo on side like old Combat Machines)

not all recent models had the ETU fitted

like the CM15 KR CQB & think they did a HoneyBadger CM15 PDW CQB gun which wasn't exactly cheap without ETU

I'm not here to purposely slag off G&G's ETU

(if it fails - you will be doing your own slagging off yourself)

Ahem - but when it works it works very well - just it is one of those things that "can" for "some" have issues perhaps

If you are buying your first and likely your only gun for the moment

it is probably wise to consider getting something that is likely to do what it says on the tin

straight forward tried tested that should stand you in good stead to get feet wet without too much hassle/issues

There is no perfect gun - maybe the Raider 2.0 or the CM15 KR might be very good recent models to get atm

But I haven't got one to rip to shreds and I would moan about something - miserable sod am I

End of the day almost any G&G starter gun will be a good consideration

(yes even an ETU gun - just keep your fingers crossed or be aware of its issues for "some")

I'm not a G&G hater - far from it, but at same time I'm no G&G fan boy either

Still make good guns - especially the starters, some higher guns may not dominate the £250~£300 gun market

(Krytac/VFC kick G&G's ar$e in the higher end bracket)

But G&G starters are still highly recommended as is the advice of not trying to save £30~£50 or so buying cheap guns

(JBBG do not sell quality AEG's despite what that chubby liar tries to push as fantastic feel the quality crap)

Have fun with your new toy gun & ATB sir

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

yup the range of G&G M4's is quite big, meaning there is bound to be one even a M4 hater could warm to

alas picking just one is a bit difficult but if one model is out of stock, there should be another close alternative model

(even then picking just two possible models can be tricky too)

Easily solved - buy more guns and try to tell missus yeah I'm selling one of the others

(yeah Mrs Duck doesn't even respond to that BS any more, I'm just banned from buying any more - can't blame her though)

Thanks for the patience and explanation. Much appreciated.

I'm already trying to think of a cover story to tell my wife so I can buy a TM HK416D, a bit of a challenge, but hopefully I'll manage to pull it off 

Archived