New Player from the West Midlands

WolfRaider
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, as the title says I'm new to the forum and Airsoft. Been browsing the forum for a few days now and thought I'd sign up and have a chat on here.

Recently had an epiphany with some friends and thought about joining the sport. So they'll be a few new faces around the midlands.

Wondered if anybody on here has any advice, know a bit of the general noob stuff like don't buy shit before you play and you need to play x amount of games before you can go IR and stuff. Just wondering about any location specific information, like best place to go to for equipment, where is there to play any clubs worth joining etc.

I have seen the is a woodlands place called FOB or something of that nature and a CQB place called High Command. Any more places and which place is best to attend to gain the license thingy, do they both count the same as they seem to be ownded by the same organisation?

• Supporters

Welcome! :)

Welcome aboard matey....I've been playing a year myself and it's a ton of fun.

In the West Midlands you have quite a few options on places to play and places to buy from.

Stores

JD Airsoft in Cannock (https://jdairsoft.net/)

Targetzone in Oldbury (http://www.targetszone.co.uk/)

Bespoke Airsoft Ltd in Cannock (http://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/primary/)

Defcon Airsoft in Stoke on Trent (https://www.defconairsoft.co.uk/)

These are just a few that I know of....I'm sure there are a few more.

For places to play airsoft quickest way to find out is go into google maps, find where you are..zoom out to show the midlands, type in AIRSOFT in search and Boom!! a ton of places show up...you have a mixture of woodland sites, CQB Sites etc.  Quite a bit of fun is going to some of these places to try for yourself.

I'd highly recommend the section on the forum "New Players & Arrivals" as this is where you will learn all about airsoft.

Also...there is no such thing as a license!!!  Read up on UKARA from the New Player guides, join/register at a local site, play 3 games (There are rules on this btw) and when you have your 3rd game under your belt, you can be registered on the UKARA database so you can then buy a replica without it having to be two-toned paint.

Also...find a local site, hire some kit with your mates and then try it out...recommend good pair of boots and some good eye protection before you go, just to be safe.  :)

• Head Moderator

Welcome :). Have a look at the guides section, worth a read

Hi

Welcome to the bank account drain club , I’m in Walsall a couple of good sites are stormforce airsoft halfway between rugeley and Lichfield they’re on the second Saturday and last Sunday of the month and fireball squadron at Bassetts pole near Sutton Coldfield which is the first Saturday of every month, also a bit further afield west mids airsoft FOB up near stoke , they also have an indoor site at rowley Regis , Anzio camp up by leek is also good . Stormforce and west mids use silxmil.com for hire guns and have a good selection of hire packages available

Thanks for the info guys,

One question, my brother has just gave me his old pistol he bought years ago on holiday. Talking 10-15 years ago and wondered if it could be used in airsoft. I think it's a spring BB gun but is made by CYMA so not 100%, being such a noob. Model p.618 if that helps anybody.

• Supporters

Can you use it? Sure. I wouldn't expect great things though. It looks like something you would pick up in poundland. :lol:

You would probably get more range by throwing the bbs.

Welcome!

All depends where exactly you are based in the Midlands and how far you'd like to travel to sites. I'm a fan of the grange and visit both the sites, Bravo one (Grange Live Gaming) is Birmingham CQB and their other site is called The Grange (Gunman Airsoft Midlands) is woodland in Knowle.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived