WE AK47: Any good?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Oh boy, here we go again. 

WE-Tech trying to compete in a market that some people would predict is way out of their league, but it seems they have put up a serious fight. Meet the new WE-Tech AK47!

First off, can I just say that this is a fantastic looking piece of kit! It has real wood furniture and most of the metal on it is stamped steel. Even the Bakelite magazine looks the business. Having seen videos on it, the kick looks pretty powerful, but the rate of fire is unusually low, about 320 rpm. However this could be explained by the fact it has full slide travel. The performance may be a big downside however, what with it firing just under 250 FPS and it still seems to fluctuate enormously. There are rumors though of WE releasing an upgraded nozzle to increase FPS.

So far, this seems to be an OK piece of kit. But can it compete with the almost perfect GHK AKM or even Tokyo Marui? Discuss here, and feel free to state any opinions!

(for more info check out RedWolfAirsoft's video on Youtube)

GUNT0834-2L.jpg

That the AK74, not the AK47 but look a nice piece of kit but WE-tech internal have been hit and miss sometimes for me personally so will have to wait and see.

I saw the Redwolf video too, tbh other than it's mediocre ROF I thought it was really nice, especially the ergo fire selector addition. I actually thought it sounded nicer than the faster firing GHK.

On 5/12/2018 at 6:57 PM, E21A said:

Real steel AK’s do have a low rate of fire, maybe going for a bit more realism? 

That  320 rpm is lower than a Vickers machine gun rpm which between 400-500 rpm most AKs rpm is between 600-650rpm maybe it to do with gas cool down effect when firing full auto with GBB AKs.  

Just to add it averaged .59j and 260fps on 6mm .20 bb but WE have said they're releasing an adaptor McDoogle-Wotsit that will increase the fps upwards of 400.

It’s pretty much the same price as a GHK and the GHK is made with as near as makes no difference RS bodies. The’re much more efficient too. I like some WE stuff, but if you want an AK, get the GHK. Only time I would choose this is if it was $250 and not $450

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

It’s pretty much the same price as a GHK and the GHK is made with as near as makes no difference RS bodies. The’re much more efficient too. I like some WE stuff, but if you want an AK, get the GHK. Only time I would choose this is if it was $250 and not $450

Unfortunately not.

WE AK74:-$449 + $49 a mag.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/GBB_Rifles_SMGs_WE_WE_AK74_GBB_Rifle_Real_Wood_Version.htm

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Magazines_WE_GBB_WE_40rds_AK74_Gas_Magazine_Brown.htm

Archived