gasman

Absolute Airsoft outdoor skirmish site

LOL, I'm easily forgotten... :(

Even with my face stuffed with hotdog :D

Had a great day and even better meeting you guys in person!

We'll definitely have to do that again...

Its true the games are a bit simple and repetitive but there isn't anywhere else that you can play a full day for £20 including a hotdog.

I'd like to try Gunman Eversley sometime if anyone's up for that.

(Next time I may bring my newly acquired M60 ;) )

19 hours ago, Duff said:

@L3wisD wish you were here, happy fathers day from the boys.

20180617_124159.jpg

I  was pleased to meet you guys to put faces to names, nice playing with you and I love the picture Duff. I hope the face plant is not to painful this morning you must have gone down hard. I love playing this game with nice people and hope you enjoyed the site.

Hope you recover quickly Snuff

Cheers nearly all gone,it looked worse than it was it never broke the skin properly.

We'll be up for Eversley if it''s about the same time of the month to coincide with payday etc..we've penned in Absolute for the 15th of next month.Ed let me know of any viable dates,I do the booking for us 3,we've done Eversley once it was great but we found their dates we a bit "scattered" and irregular.

Absolute are happy to run any scenario we request,think about it and present it next time we go,downed pilot,special forces hit squad,bomb components.

BTW my 2 mates are already looking at new guns...you obviously saw how much fun they are,they are a pair of clowns and great to spend the time with..see you again soon..

3 hours ago, snuff said:

Cheers nearly all gone,it looked worse than it was it never broke the skin properly.

We'll be up for Eversley if it''s about the same time of the month to coincide with payday etc..we've penned in Absolute for the 15th of next month.Ed let me know of any viable dates,I do the booking for us 3,we've done Eversley once it was great but we found their dates we a bit "scattered" and irregular.

Absolute are happy to run any scenario we request,think about it and present it next time we go,downed pilot,special forces hit squad,bomb components.

BTW my 2 mates are already looking at new guns...you obviously saw how much fun they are,they are a pair of clowns and great to spend the time with..see you again soon..

I'm always up for new sites, when are you thinking of doing Eversly? 

I tried to thi k of some new games but any ideas for game modes from me would just be half arsed versions of Mall games I barely remember and I don't really want to steal their ideas.

I'll pencil in the 15th of July for Absolute again and we can sort out Eversley after that.

(I'm hoping to get the boneyard M60 ready to try by then)

I won't be able to go in August so don't wait up if you want to go then...

Is Gunman Eversley the old Ambush site?

12 minutes ago, MisterG said:

Is Gunman Eversley the old Ambush site?

Duno

HERE are their booking days. (Look for Eversley)

They only do one weekend per month.

Its a bit more milsim so if we want to be on the same team then we need the same camo and ammo is restricted.

Shall we view Sept 16th as a possibility.?.I think we'll be looking at the Woodland/Green/Civvies/Mixed as far as kit goes..

I couldn't find the figure for ammo restriction ..what is it?

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

Duno

HERE are their booking days. (Look for Eversley)

They only do one weekend per month.

Its a bit more milsim so if we want to be on the same team then we need the same camo and ammo is restricted.

I think I might have played there, Ambush moved just down the road, still in Eversley, though.

Do you need to drive through the quarry to get to it?

I can do either MTP or DPM.

Cheers

G

8 hours ago, snuff said:

Woodland/Green/Civvies/Mixed as far as kit goes..

So if I go civvy I can still group with you lads in camo?

If it's a limit on ammo I reckon it's mid caps only?

Wow I didn't even realise this place is 45 minutes from me!?

1 hour ago, Duff said:

So if I go civvy I can still group with you lads in camo?

If it's a limit on ammo I reckon it's mid caps only?

Wow I didn't even realise this place is 45 minutes from me!?

No,you can use hi-caps.

I went on Sunday...by accident. Thought we were at Ambush only found out at lunch time. Ambush has no signage and is literally 2 minutes down the road.

Ammo limit is 600 rounds total. Whether that be across low, mid or high caps. You can carry 3 standard pistol mags on top of the 600. Any extended pistol mags contribute to the 600.

Couple of things. I wish I had taken my camelbak it was a long hot day. The Marshall's whilst friendly lacked a little confidence in getting people to listen. Overall I enjoyed it and would go back.

22 minutes ago, Hunka1988 said:

I went on Sunday...by accident. Thought we were at Ambush only found out at lunch time. Ambush has no signage and is literally 2 minutes down the road.

Ammo limit is 600 rounds total. Whether that be across low, mid or high caps. You can carry 3 standard pistol mags on top of the 600. Any extended pistol mags contribute to the 600.

Couple of things. I wish I had taken my camelbak it was a long hot day. The Marshall's whilst friendly lacked a little confidence in getting people to listen. Overall I enjoyed it and would go back.

How do they check peoples mag capacites?Thanks for the info...

31 minutes ago, Hunka1988 said:

They only host airsoft 3rd Sunday of every month right?

24 minutes ago, snuff said:

How do they check peoples mag capacites?Thanks for the info...

Honour based. No formal checking.

21 minutes ago, Duff said:

They only host airsoft 3rd Sunday of every month right?

I couldn't tell you. From what they were saying they host various types of Sims with Vietnam coming up, Farcry 5 and ww2. All of which are in the next couple of months.

1 hour ago, Hunka1988 said:

Honour based. No formal checking.

I couldn't tell you. From what they were saying they host various types of Sims with Vietnam coming up, Farcry 5 and ww2. All of which are in the next couple of months.

Their website isn't exactly filled with info.

There is a calendar on the website

http://www.gunmanairsoft.co.uk/?espresso_venues=gunman-eversley

Looks like it is only once a month atm, mainly themed, this month is Vietnam.  looking further ahead they have more events per month.

image.png.73f0037925294c3b143656733482deb1.png

3 hours ago, Hunka1988 said:

Ambush used to be there, moved about 2 months ago.

For Ambush, it's the turn just after the storage place, through the wooden gate, I think it is sign-posted paintball, airrifle etc, as it is shared with an events company.

From memory, it is litterally the next left after Gunman

Cheers

G

4 hours ago, MisterG said:

There is a calendar on the website

http://www.gunmanairsoft.co.uk/?espresso_venues=gunman-eversley

Looks like it is only once a month atm, mainly themed, this month is Vietnam.  looking further ahead they have more events per month.

image.png.73f0037925294c3b143656733482deb1.png

Ambush used to be there, moved about 2 months ago.

For Ambush, it's the turn just after the storage place, through the wooden gate, I think it is sign-posted paintball, airrifle etc, as it is shared with an events company.

From memory, it is litterally the next left after Gunman

Cheers

G

That's exactly where it is!

Well today was my second and most likely last skirmish at Absolute.

They had one extra Marshall today and less players than last time, go figure. Some right cheating little cunts there. One guy I saw didn't take a single hit all day and the sadsack marshalls do fuck all about it. They really don't give a fuck.

The site buildings are covered in grey sludge from paintball, also noticed some flaky paint that rubbed off onto my shoulder and honestly it looked like it had fibreglass in it.

I think the buildings are too close together, making their playzones too small for the games they run. They should have 4 zones there instead of 6. Maybe they could maintain them better? Another downside is the brush is so thick, it needs some maintenance. 

They ran 7 games today,  well... 6 games and bullshit zombie tag at the end.

Still... free tea and the most rancid, powdered instant coffee you'll ever not drink again. Non flushing toilets in the gay bar... sorry, paintball area.

I enjoyed my day but mainly due to the company of the boys, always fun to meet them. Only reason I will attend this site again is if it's the only place they're playing all month.

However what sealed it for me not wanting to be a regular here again is watching the owner proceed to burn all 4 barrels of rubbish from the day. Most of which could be recycled like empty cans, plastic bottles etc... Anyone lazy enough to do that rather than drop a sack of rubbish off at the dump is not getting any more of my money.

Shame, was hoping to head over there next weekend.  It's one of the few sites that are open every weekend.  Most are open every other weekend.

Cheers

G