G&G choice

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've already decided to get an AK as my first rif, but will have to wait until I get my UKARA number in the first week of May.

In the meantime I have come across a couple of clearance bargains on the Fire-Support website. Can't afford to buy a second gun just yet, but I am selling off things and hope to have the funds for one in a month or two.

Anyway, the metal receiver G&G Predator, Warthog and Wild Hog are normally in the £270-280 price range, and I have come across a Wild Hog 9" reduced to £229. However there is also a G&G  TR4 CQB-H Gen 2 knocked down a hundred quid to £239.

I know the Wild Hog is a more up to date gun with mosfet, metal front rails and electronic trigger, but I have heard the motor is not really a very strong one, and the mosfet wiring may burn out. The TR4 is an older gun but one of the so called advanced or top tech guns. So although it doesn't have the Wild Hog extras I imagine it might have a better motor and/or gearbox.

I just wondered what experienced members would regard as the better bargain of the two.

• Supporters

Top Tech could be blowback box - avoid if possible

They "can" crack a bit more than "normal" boxes

G&G are afaik cuttng back on these PBB boxes

Latest G&G's are non-blowback with fancy ETU

However the ETU can play up though they are "supposed" to be sorting the reliability out

Now starting to bring out other models with 3 and 5 round burst ETU 2's in now

Best advice, buy a G&G locally, that way you can throw it back at them should it play up

Wild Hog might have orange Ifrit motor which beats the blue powerful motor in TopTech model

This is at best just a guess on motors but fairly sure that is what will "likely" be inside of each gun

(though my FFR A2 had a $hite std 18k but heard Predator has orange ifrit so hedging my bet on Hog too)

Confused even more now ????

Happy to help :D

Thank you very much for sharing that information with me.

By blowback box, I assume you meant the pneumatic blowback that doesn't actually produce any recoil.

I imagine the old top techs are going to be replaced. To be honest, I preferred the look of the Wild Hog.

• Supporters

In that price range I'd certainly suggest you look at Specna Arms too https://gunfire.pl/eng_m_Airsoft-replicas_Automatic-Electric-Guns-_Assault-rifles-311.html

Note that the main difference with the "Core" rifles listed here is a polymer body (hence they're cheaper). 

• Supporters

My team mate has a wildhog, and the other a predator. Both are very very good, we have been pleasantly surprised with both of them in their stock form.

I also have a friend who has a GR4, different to the TR4 I believe( or it was his typo), and I wasn’t as impressed with this.

Archived