Magpul FPG

MACS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Does anyone know where I can buy either the conversion kit or a whole new FPG,  the case of mine is broken.  And you can forget any type of glue/weld/bond,  

With thanks 

Wasn't it a kwa/ksc?

But yeah, they've come out like more than 5 years ago.. If you look in the classifieds you may find something, or look on eBay for a used one..

Be aware that it's 100% useless, takes days to unfold compared to a simple draw, there's much more that can go wrong and some parts are impossible to find if you break something ;)

Not sure if you want to spend £250+ on a gimmicky piece of kit..

Damn Novritsch and his videos..

Oh rip, I thought you were looking for a new one lol..

Since it's a rather square design, why don't you draw it on a CAD program and have the replacement 3d printed?

• Root Admin
9 hours ago, Skara said:

Wasn't it a kwa/ksc?

But yeah, they've come out like more than 5 years ago.. If you look in the classifieds you may find something, or look on eBay for a used one..

Be aware that it's 100% useless, takes days to unfold compared to a simple draw, there's much more that can go wrong and some parts are impossible to find if you break something ;)

Not sure if you want to spend £250+ on a gimmicky piece of kit..

Damn Novritsch and his videos..

Sorry, you're right. I'm not sure why I typed WE as I did own one at one point!

I agree with it being a bit naff by the way. Just buy a TM G18c and call it a day. There are other carbine kits out there if you want a stock, but the FPG is too big to carry as a secondary and takes ~10 seconds to *ready (far too long for most cases when you'd need it). There are drop-in kits like the Roni one that'll fit the Marui if you'd like to turn your pistol into a PDW, but again I wouldn't carry it about as anything other than a primary.

• Supporters

I've owned the PTS one since they released the first kits, 10 seconds is a waaaay over-estimate, more like 1 second to unfold.  Easy enough to get both the draw and unfold under 3-5 seconds.  I've got a pouch that fits it folded as well as the Beta Project holster they released yonks ago, it's entirely possible to carry it drop-leg, it's just not the most practical; then again it's still far less impractical than plenty of the things people do in airsoft and it's also a ton of fun.  I mean it's not a practical sidearm overall if you care about winning, it's bloody enjoyable to use though.  Not disagreeing on the fragility though, whoever built it did a really bad job on quite a few of the parts.

• Supporters

Were you meaning both unholster and unfold then?  Because you just said unfold, that right there is how long it takes to unfold and that's why I mentioned a timing to both draw and unfold in my original post.

On 3/6/2018 at 8:41 AM, Skara said:

Oh rip, I thought you were looking for a new one lol..

Since it's a rather square design, why don't you draw it on a CAD program and have the replacement 3d printed?

that is a smart idea.  

22 hours ago, proffrink said:

Sorry, you're right. I'm not sure why I typed WE as I did own one at one point!

I agree with it being a bit naff by the way. Just buy a TM G18c and call it a day. There are other carbine kits out there if you want a stock, but the FPG is too big to carry as a secondary and takes ~10 seconds to *ready (far too long for most cases when you'd need it). There are drop-in kits like the Roni one that'll fit the Marui if you'd like to turn your pistol into a PDW, but again I wouldn't carry it about as anything other than a primary.

It takes about 0.5 secs to ready.  But that's besides the point.  I like the design and I'd rather the thing was in working order than not.  

Archived