TM HK416 Delta Need Help!

SinnerGee
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got this beautiful gun last week and I got to use it yesterday at my skirmish site. I bought one of those converters so I can use lipo batteries. The gun was shooting will but I was noticing the gun kept having a random jam where if I push the trigger nothing would happen and I would have to switch it from semi to full auto to get it unjammed like it wasnt getting enough power to cycle through. The problem never happens in full auto. I know it's not a BB jam because I've dry fired it to see if it would happen and it did. The battery I use is a 7.4v 1450 30c same one that Matt the musketeer uses. Could the conversion be the problem and if I got it rewired from the inside the problem would be fixed? As sometimes if the wire was bent a little bit there would be no power sent into the gun and clicking the trigger would do nothing. I'm hoping that if I get it rewired It will work how it's supposed to.

IMG-20180124-WA0003.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Samurai said:

99% the usual user error. :) Make sure you pull the trigger fully on each shot. Don't spam it.

So thats a common issue? Will getting a mosfet fix that problem?

It goes a long way to alleviating it as the mosfet only needs a signal to fire from the contacts rather than actually transfer full beans to the motor.

Also due to the more efficient delivery of power the cycle time / ROF normally becomes faster too which again helps.

• Supporters

It’s the cut off lever being in the wrong place (cutting off the trigger!) at the end of a cycle if you don’t pull the trigger fully.  

A MOSFET will help but won’t entirely eliminate the problem, there’s also very little room to fit a normal MOSFET in there.  BTC make the spectre which entirely replaces the electrical parts of the gun and is a massive upgrade, but they’re like hens teeth, a Japanese company called big out make a MOSFET called the DTM but it’s a little more involved installing it and there’s not as many features as the BTC Spectre. 

Getting the gun straight wired to deans instead of having a daft adapter (just solder a pigtail onto the contact bars in the stock) will also help a little. 

3 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

It’s the cut off lever being in the wrong place (cutting off the trigger!) at the end of a cycle if you don’t pull the trigger fully.  

A MOSFET will help but won’t entirely eliminate the problem, there’s also very little room to fit a normal MOSFET in there.  BTC make the spectre which entirely replaces the electrical parts of the gun and is a massive upgrade, but they’re like hens teeth, a Japanese company called big out make a MOSFET called the DTM but it’s a little more involved installing it and there’s not as many features as the BTC Spectre. 

Getting the gun straight wired to deans instead of having a daft adapter (just solder a pigtail onto the contact bars in the stock) will also help a little. 

I have been thinking about getting a BTC spectre mosfet but there sold out everywhere and everyone says that the manufacturer never tells them when they will be out they just send them whenever.

As Jcheeseright said, there's not a lot of room so drop ins are good but the likes of BTC are in slow supply.

A Gate Pico AAB is a very small unit or even a good ol' AirFet works fine.

All AEGs have this potential problem it's no boggy.

A BTC is lovely, as are other high end units but you don't have to use one, most people don't use half the features anyway.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, SinnerGee said:

I have been thinking about getting a BTC spectre mosfet but there sold out everywhere and everyone says that the manufacturer never tells them when they will be out they just send them whenever.

When they’re in stock the shipping is crazy fast, like 3 days from the USA.  But frank (the man that runs BTC) doesn’t give any indication of when they will next be in stock, it’s just when he’s made a batch.  Best way is to add your email address to the stock notification page on the BTC site and wait it out.  

Definitely do NOT pay the extortionate £200+ rate that people are trying to shift them at on Facebook etc, they’re a massive upgrade but not £200 worth. 

3 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

When they’re in stock the shipping is crazy fast, like 3 days from the USA.  But frank (the man that runs BTC) doesn’t give any indication of when they will next be in stock, it’s just when he’s made a batch.  Best way is to add your email address to the stock notification page on the BTC site and wait it out.  

Definitely do NOT pay the extortionate £200+ rate that people are trying to shift them at on Facebook etc, they’re a massive upgrade but not £200 worth. 

Can you give me a direct link to the exact MOSFET to get the notify from?

Archived