G&G CM16 parts

CharlieJura
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I own a CM16 and I was wondering what would be good upgrades to have internaly , I was told to replace my bucking and nub , what would be the best options ? 

Sorry if I have used the wrong section of the forum for this, I've just joined 

• Supporters

This thread should help:

Personally I wouldnt bother. I have a CM16 and have dropped in practically the same price in parts and "upgrades" as what the gun originally cost and apart from a higher ROF I cant really tell the difference, The silliest thing is I NEVER use full auto so the speed upgrade was totally pointless!!!

I would use it whilst saving up and then upgrade to a new gun, not upgrade the Raider!

Just try to use heavier BBs and keep the barrel clean in the mean time until you can get something better.

Hi,

Only things I did to mine where = re-shim, re-wire, mosfet, deans connectors and soldered all the wires on so no heat loss through connnectors. I also run it on 11.1v batteries. Other than those everything else was standard. Just keep the barrel cleaned and you should have no problems as Raiders are pretty reliable.

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'll echo what Albiscuit said.

Don't worry about it for now.

Out the box, the CM16 will perform fine for a very long time.

The G&G hop up rubbers are very good so any upgrade there could only lead to tiny improvements.

The gearboxes are fine so don't go tinkering in there.

And the spring and Barrel are good, don't touch them.

Use the money you'd spend on upgrades on a better gun.

Say you spent (rough prices from the top of my head)

£45 - tightbore barrel

£20 - Prowin hop up

£12 - prommy purple rubber

£15 - spring

£30 - high Torque motor

£10 wiring to deans plug

You're already halfway to the price of a better gun! And over the cost of the initial gun just on upgrades that won't make much difference.

It sounds boring I know, as tinkering with your gun between games is a lot of fun.

But I'm willing to bet your gun works fine and you're happy with how it performs, so leave it that way :)

Archived