AEP info required....

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My dad, who is 81, is thinking about swapping his TM Hi-Capa gbb for an AEP, anybody have any experience of them?

Specifically I’m thinking about how many mags a battery will last for. He doesn’t skirmish, just target practice at the range, so performance isn’t a massive issue.

Thanks in advance - rdb

• Supporters

The 500mAh in my CYMA has shot though a couple of 100 round hi cap mags in a day.  I've yet to run out of battery before I run out of BBs or lives.  Extra NiMHs are under £8 from Taiwangun or Gun-Fire if it becomes an issue.

Be aware that you're looking at about 200fps @ 0.2g / 0.37J unless you start upgrading, and that AEPs are quite bulky.

IF it's the weight and recoil (pure guess) that's the issue then perhaps consider a TM MK23.

It's plastic, no blowback and accurate BUT is still gas powered. At least with gas you can just pick it up when you want to and isn't limited to a battery charge or multiple batteries...

Seeing that he's a target plinker it may tick some boxes.... just a thought. Accuracy and all that. :)

• Supporters
On 15/12/2017 at 9:21 AM, Samurai said:

Apart from that, get a cyma glock - the new one and get a lipo for it.

I'm not sure what benefit a lipo would give for target shooting, or whether you can even get one that fits inside the gun rather than off an external cable, Novritsch stylee.  I'm amused to note that after doing a video on the evolution of his pistol collection from AEP through many GBBs that he's ended up going back to a TM Glock AEP with a power cable.

Maybe it would give a quicker trigger response: the time to cycle the piston with the stock 7.2v is actually noticeable when skirmishing, and I've missed a few peek-a-boo shots because of it.

They are a lot less viscerally satisfying than a GBB, I'll agree with that.  If you're shooting for pleasure and aren't trying to minimise your costs, I'm not sure why you'd choose one over a gas pistol.  I only run one because I'm a cheapskate. ;)

[Addendum] I'd avoid the 1911 AEPs since the safety is a squeeze-to-fire on the back of the grip which can get literally tiresome.

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

IF it's the weight and recoil (pure guess) that's the issue then perhaps consider a TM MK23.

It's plastic, no blowback and accurate BUT is still gas powered. At least with gas you can just pick it up when you want to and isn't limited to a battery charge or multiple batteries...

Seeing that he's a target plinker it may tick some boxes.... just a thought. Accuracy and all that. :)

Good shout bud, tay

Archived