Airsoft Forums UK

beginner, need gun advice :D

chrisglover
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

JG guns are good as is the G36, that was my first one.

heres the uk one

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/JG-G36-AEG_A793H.aspx

but bit more than your price, and it will need spew-toning, might be better looking for s/h one

right so i know from the comments that it is a great gun to have and it seems to be suitable for what i want it to do, but is there any site where i can buy it and get it sprayed, cos i live in the uk.

look here and choose one with good reviews. http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showforum=10

If you have a gun you like the look at from a site post a link and people will give their opinion on the gun and site.

i have it is at the top of this thread, i was just wandering if there is anywhere in the uk that still has it in stock and can 2 tone it??????????

i have to say...my JG G36c is amazing, and as sarni said, i couldn't be happier!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have skirmished for over 12 years and have owned many and still own many aegs.

to put it simply, china guns are cheap and there is a reason why they are. They use cheap plastic , cheap metal , cheap internals, cheap electrics and are crap.

Most people think they are good because they might play 1 to 2 games a month and if the gun last 6-8 months they think thats great.If you are lucky! But that s only 6-8 games or 12 games . Thats not alot. I used to play every weekend, sometimes twice in 1 week even and when you play that often you find out very soon what last and what doesn't.

To date I do not have any china aegs left and none of them have ever lasted. occasionally I buy one .. but thats because I want the parts that are on it.

my advice.. save a little more and buy something mid range like an SRC.

Not trying to start a forum war or anything, but i know a lot of people who have JG G36's that have lasted 2-3 years and are still going strong

how often do they play and how many rounds shot?... cause thats what matters in the end. Most guys that I know that have had china guns for over 2 years hardly use them and so yes of course they would last a while ....anyway... this is not the place to start this... guy is asking for advice and my advice is don't buy china. If you do.. you will end up buying again soon. Not rocket science ... they are cheap and there are reasons for this... they don't sell them cheap because they are trying to be nice.

ok mate your opinion, my opinion, seems to be making this hard, just have to wait for some one else to comment...Sarni

• Supporters

The problem with china isn't the fact that they are cheap, it is the complete lack of quality control. Sometimes you will get someone crap and you will be dissapointed with it, sometimes you will get the bargain of the century and the gun will last years, but you simply can't tell how long it will last untill it dies on you.

My advice will almost always be the same as goodvibes as you get what you pay for. and for beginners, you want about £200 for the gun, battery, charger and a spare mag or two. then go for SRC's, just be prepared for the uncompatibility with marui.

Archived