Import while ukara pending?

Nicky blue eyes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I,m now a registerd member at my site and waiting  to be registered on the ukara database however at the moment ( from at least friday) the website is having work done on it. I,m told that as a member of an airsoft site it counts as a defence and that a shop can contact my site to confirm this. (Thats the way I interpreted that. So if I, m wrong please correct me) How ever i want to order my gun from Gunfire in poland. So my questions are 1. Is this somthing they would do and 2 . How would it effect it through customs as i would like to avoid getting a visit from the authorities if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

• Supporters

VCRA doesn't apply to Gunfire, they are not in the UK. Customs will check your defence and they will check the UKARA number. In theory they accept other forms of defence but that's not their standard way so it will probably take some time and more complicated communication with them.

Just wait some. When I got my ukara number first, I got it on the way home from my 3rd game. So it shouldn't take too long.

As said gunfire won't check anything they will just print it and stick it on the box, I'm in the same boat and decided where customs are involved i would rarther wait just incase lol

I,m just an impatiant mother fxxker. I'll just wait a bit longer. Its a bit like getting  with a new girl friend. You know the moods right, you have the horn and then she says the painters are in!! Thats kind of how I feel right now. I know I'll get it but  I just have to wait :P

If you have tracking detail simply contact UKBA and give them your site details and membership details, that is your defence. That is all the UKARA Database holds anyway.

If you have no tracking details wait for UKBA to write to you, but its faster if you can contact them first.

14 hours ago, BigAl said:

If you have tracking detail simply contact UKBA and give them your site details and membership details, that is your defence. That is all the UKARA Database holds anyway.

If you have no tracking details wait for UKBA to write to you, but its faster if you can contact them first.

I believe I've seen you talk about this a lot, care to write an "import without ukara" guide? It's common sense, but I always ignore it as I have no experience personally.

Archived