BEST -£150 M4A1!!!!!111!

HSCtheta7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've got a bitter taste in my mouth after writing that title....anyway.

So guys, I'm looking for a pretty standard M4 with a 14.5-inch barrel, the usual gubbins - triangle front sight, plastic handguard, ideally an XM177 stock as well. I've seen sportline plastic models from both Classic Army and Ares, but I don't have much experience with either of these makes so I'm a little hesitant.

Basically then, I'm looking for some sound advice on the best sub-£150 standard M4A1 to go for. As always, any help is greatly appreciated.

(TLDR - what's the best normal M4 for under 150 quid?)

Thanks guys.

Theta

• Supporters

G&G Carbines

G&G polymer carbine - good sportsline receivers btw:
https://swasairsoft.co.uk/shop-online/gg-combat-machine-aeg-cm16-carbine

metal version:
https://www.airsoftworld.net/gc-16-gandg-full-metal-comabat-machine-m4a1.html
(google a 5% discount voucher as it is £170)

there are others out there some with rails n stuff but you said classic M4A1

so that is my possible considerations with hand guard n stuff

1 hour ago, Sitting Duck said:

G&G polymer carbine - good sportsline receivers btw:
https://swasairsoft.co.uk/shop-online/gg-combat-machine-aeg-cm16-carbine

Thanks once again mate, think I'm probably going to get one of these and gradually upgrade it!

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Andyraven said:

£115 bargain! Im going to snatch one up.

possibly grab a Long Raider for a fiver more unless you must have a carbine...

https://swasairsoft.co.uk/shop-online/gg-combat-machine-aeg-cm16-raider-l

reason why I say this, is that many soon find they want some rail space to mount stuff on

OP wanted a M4A1 hence me posting carbine models (front wired gun)

Raider has the rails many find they soon wish to mount the kitchen sink on....

Image result for airsoft attachment funny pic

I'm picking up a P&J M4 that's full metal apart from stock and hand guard tomorrow. Some upgraded intervals since it's built for SP120 springs, so the SP90/100 downgrade should help with future reliability.

Cost me £220 all in, including new spring, tightbore barrel, EOTech clone, 4 hi caps and a vertical grip.

Gun itself was £132.

Will let you know how it fires. I used to have a G&G R8-L, but I'm very much looking forward to some sturdier metal.

58db6a97b0e80_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_Sanders.jpg.3b2539b34da1826fb2f3ac323fa8cd62.jpgThat Raider is the best thing I've ever seen XD really I just need my EOTech or an Aimpoint, and then a torch mounted to the barrel (see above photo) as for the P&J Ash, where did you find it?

...God I'd love a TM

On 29/03/2017 at 9:05 AM, HSCtheta7 said:

58db6a97b0e80_C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_SavedImages_Sanders.jpg.3b2539b34da1826fb2f3ac323fa8cd62.jpgThat Raider is the best thing I've ever seen XD really I just need my EOTech or an Aimpoint, and then a torch mounted to the barrel (see above photo) as for the P&J Ash, where did you find it?

...God I'd love a TM

If your looking for something like that i did see a forend on evike which was you classic m4a1 style with a torch mount built into the side just like that 

On 29/03/2017 at 9:05 AM, HSCtheta7 said:

...God I'd love a TM

TaiwanGun.

Tech got a bit confused and swapped the tightbore out for a regular 6.08 because I didn't realise the folks over in Poland had already been helpful and installed it, so it's been swapped back again. So picking it up monday after it's been swapped back back :P

Still not fired it!

(Might add though that I liked the look of the P&J because the internals are designed to shoot 420fps with an 8.4V NiMH as standard, so with a weaker spring for the UK, it should hold up really well).

Removable carry handle, quad RIS.

It's model number is CM.007. P&J is a collab between TaiwanGun and CYMA, so it's a CYMA base that's upgraded into something a bit more sturdy and oomphy as standard.

• Supporters
38 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

TaiwanGun.

Tech got a bit confused and swapped the tightbore out for a regular 6.08 because I didn't realise the folks over in Poland had already been helpful and installed it, so it's been swapped back again. So picking it up monday after it's been swapped back back :P

Still not fired it!

(Might add though that I liked the look of the P&J because the internals are designed to shoot 420fps with an 8.4V NiMH as standard, so with a weaker spring for the UK, it should hold up really well).

Removable carry handle, quad RIS.

It's model number is CM.007. P&J is a collab between TaiwanGun and CYMA, so it's a CYMA base that's upgraded into something a bit more sturdy and oomphy as standard.

I really hope your new gun serves you well but I have to jump in before someone who doesn't know what they are looking at falls for the spiel.

P&J is just a rebrand of various manufacturers some is good some is ok-ish depending on who the original manufacturer is.

It is just a cyma thats rebranded nothing has been upgraded. The cyma 007 comes in at the same fps when bought abroad under its own brand name. Just because a gun fires 420fps out the box doesn't mean its made to be tough and reliable just that it probably has an m120 or possibly an m130 installed like a lot of guns for the foreign market. As for it doing 420fps on 8.4v any gun will do that with the correct spring as battery power doesn't affect fps. Cyma make some good models but their M4 is generally not considered great and no better if not worse than a basic combat machine. I have only been inside a couple of cyma m4s one of which was a P&J rebrand so don't have masses of experience and thought it was ok but thats all, same as most cheap airsoft guns around at the moment.

As I said I hope your new toy serves you well and makes you happy but please dont give out false advertising.

Archived