Tokyo Mauri 416 Electric Recoil

Maff-7777
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, I've been hearing really good things about Tokyo Mauri Recoil guns and I'm thinking of making the plunge into investing in one. I'm liking the idea of having a gun with a (little) bit of recoil and the bolt stop function (despite having to buy TM mags for it).

I do like the look of HK 416's, so I've been looking up the options and there are three that have caught my eye:

The Tokyo Mauri 416D Electric Recoil

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/rifles/tm416d-electric-recoil-aeg-tokyo-marui

The Tokyo Mauri 416 DEVGRU Electric Recoil

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/devgru-tm416d-electric-recoil-aeg-tokyo-marui

The Tokyo Mauri 416C Custom Electric Recoil

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/tm416c-custom-electric-recoil-aeg-tokyo-marui?filter_name=416c

I was wondering if anyone owns any of these and can testify to their performance (I like range, and  accuracy in a gun). I'm not really into upgrading guns and like to buy guns that a great out of the box (well maybe spring upgrades aren't beyond me). I'm just looking at TM at the moment, my not looking at other brands (before people start telling to get a G&G or something).

The 416D and the DEVGRU look pretty much to be the same gun, except the the DEVGRU comes with a suppressor and vertical fore grip, as well as having a different stock – does anyone know if that's the case?

The 416C is clearly a much shorter gun with a very different stock. I know that you either have to use the special magazines that take batteries or use a PEQ box (which is what I'd do) as the stock doesn't have any room for a battery. I was wondering if anyone knows if the 416C's performance differs from the 416D/416D DEVGRU?

I'm hoping their are some players out there who do/have owned one of these guns and can give me some honest advice. These guns are pretty expensive and I want to know if all these glowing reviews I see on YouTube are true.

m.

(sorry for the long post – but thanks for reading it all)

• Supporters

They're all internally the same, gearbox, barrel and hop up are identical across the range.  There's also the TM 416 Delta edition coming soon which is in a fetching tan colour... internally identical though. 

Spring changes on TM guns are a little more involved than on a standard AEG, worth looking at the guide published by Eagle6 on YouTube. 

I'd say with the barrel on the C being as short as it is you will have reduced accuracy, though it's barrel quality (and your hop) over barrel length that is most important.

Other than that, as jcheese said, they are all internally identical, and yes the DEVGRU is just different parts.

If/when I get one I'll give a good try before I get the spring upgraded. And I'll get a proper shop tech to do it.

m.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Airsoft_Mr B said:

I'd say with the barrel on the C being as short as it is you will have reduced accuracy, though it's generally barrel quality (and your hop) over barrel length that is most important.

Other than that, as jcheese said, they are all internally identical, and yes the DEVGRU is just different parts.

Barrel length has almost zero effect upon accuracy. 

The 416C takes batteries in the magazine. So you need 1 battery per magazine.

Archived